Join the Discussion:

Anchor Tags (Scroll to Buttons)

It would be great to have the ability to add anchor tags for links.

(Anchor tags scroll the page to a specific spot when a button or link is clicked often by using "jquery" to scroll the page smoothly to the desired area)

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  NirAdminNir (Chief Product Officer, Webydo) responded  · 

We are excited to announce that we have just finished the development process of “Anchor Links” (the ability to add links to a specific part in the same page).

We also added smoothness to the anchor links scrolling.

This feature had many designer votes and was inspired by your requests.

How to create an anchor link:
    Choose any element you want, click “Edit” and select “Set as Anchor Link”.
    You may now link to it as you would do with any other link.

That’s it…

Enjoy!

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KristenKristen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to link to text within a paragraph. I have a long list of FAQs and want to anchor it to a table of contents. It would be so much easier of I could highlight the text inline and set an anchor. Or even to be able to put a transparent box within the text and use that as an anchor. Right now I have a work around by putting a transparent box near the word I want to link to. Problem is, if the FAQs get edited my anchors won't follow the text. Huge pain to have to relocate all the anchors everytime text changes!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you guys make some simple things so difficult? I have a header contact text link I want to link an anchor, I can't add #form at the end of the link because Webydo ALWAYS puts a "/" in between it. So I hard code it... after reading this page, hard coding a quick contact link in the header is a huge pita unlike normal coding. Cmon.. quit making stuff tuff. Like forcing me to use the phone number button because the regular text link or and URL link adds the stupid "/"

• alanaalana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alicia and Marianna,

Thanks for this great suggestion.

I will pass it on to our development team.

Alana,
        The Webydo Team

• Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be great what Alicia said, if i can use the same anchor for many pages as a link to a specific place in the page!!

• AliciaAlicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be even better if you could set the anchor on another page as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base