Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Document Link

I'd like the option to link to a PDF file or Word Doc??

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Downloadable Project +

(1) Follow Adobe Muse.......... One subscription - 2 computer usage. This way the designer and the client can better work together. If you keep your price down or as is...... you will have many clients switching over from the competition.

(2) If this is a subscription site then the clients should be able to create as much as they want without limitation within the subscription period like Adobe Muse.

(3) If you make your sites downloadable........... All will come to your service. This is the number one reason that pro designers are dumping the subscription service (No Flexibility)

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
    By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
    In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

3. Edit text attributes in multiple text boxes simultaneously

Would be great if it were possible to select multiple text boxes and edit text attributes (e.g. font, size, kerning) for all selected boxes simultaneously.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to let you know we have just released our new text editor.

Our robust new Text Editor offers smarter and faster text editing, accurate typography, quick styles settings and cleaner code generation, complying with the latest W3C standards.

Customizing Typography Is Now Easier Than Ever:

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

Applying Text Styles Throughout Your Website:

The new Text Styles window allows you to quickly set various typography styles. With just one click you can efficiently apply, reuse or change the text styles throughout your website.

For more info, check out the tutorial video:
    http://participate.webydo.com/knowledgebase/articles/174197-the-text-element

4. Cross-browser compatibility

As we all know, Internet Explorer can be a pain when it comes to cross-browser compatibility. What versions of IE does this work in?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 100% Whitelabel

Be able to remove "powered by webydo" and change login urls to mybrand.com/login or a generic url which doesn't contain the webydo.com brand

308 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been improved and expanded, in order to provide a more comprehensive solution for both studios and agencies.

This will allow designers to custom-brand Webydo’s interface and present it to their clients as their own.

We are constantly adding more and more custom-branding abilities to Webydo.

You are granted with your own log-in page, displaying your own logo, so your clients will be able to log-in directly to their websites, in order to manage content, without having to go through Webydo at all.

Branding is a key element for any designer. Whether you own a large company or you are a freelancer, your brand is your identity.

6. "Preset" Text Color Drop Down

Preset Text Color Drop Down Selection.

The ability to "preset" several text colors as in shape properties would be very convenient. Last generator I used actually showed last 10-15 colors used common to shapes or text that was recently used or selected (also had eyedropper if desired) and made for quick, accurate selections.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our robust new Text Editor offers smarter and faster text editing, accurate typography, quick styles settings and cleaner code generation, complying with the latest W3C standards.

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

The new Text Styles window allows you to quickly set various typography styles. With just one click you can efficiently apply, reuse or change the text styles throughout your website.

7. Proper typographic control of text with style sheets

I think what is missing is basic typographic control of text, being able to set things like ‘space after’ paragraph, widows, line spacing as pixels, indents etc

And to ensure consistency, Text paragraph style sheets are a must.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hebrew free web fonts

There is a batch of free hebrew web fonts.

It would be amazingly helpful to add ones to Webydo font family.

http://www.chezki.co.il/free-fonts/
    http://freefonts.co.il/

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The possibility to edit the code!

I know the idea of webydo is to not have anything to do with code but I´m sure alot designers here have previous experience with using code and , like me, would like to have the possibility to edit the code.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that you now have the ability to add your own code to any section of your Webydo sites.

You may add and edit code in the site’s and sections in order to have full control of your site, and to be able to easily embed widgets that need code to be added to different sections of a page.

You may also add code to your site’s CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) document, if you wish to do so.

In order to add/edit code, in the studio, click on the “Pages” link on the top menu. Next to each of your site’s pages, you will find the “Add Code” option.

Hope you like it :)

10. Be able to select "repeat on all pages", but make specific pages an exception.

Have a header and footer repeated on all pages but make the landing/intro page an exception.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now, you can save time from manually inserting the same elements across all your pages by utilizing this feature.

Once you finish designing an element, simply right-click on it and select the “Repeat on all Pages” option. You’ll be able to select on which pages the element will appear.

This is especially useful for ‘Menu’ elements and repeating components such as copyright notices and company logos. Plus, this features is great for having the same header and footer through all pages.

11. add facebook comments and like to site

add facebook comments and like to site

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Sivan responded

You can find them and more in the Elements Panel under “Social”.

12. Button Builder

It would be amazing to have a builder for buttons that would let us have power similar to that in flash. Of course all the things like roll over and hover but also possibly animations that would either be done inside the builder or allow us to upload html5/flash animations to use.

306 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
    The new buttons are now available in the Studio!
    You have several kinds of buttons. Change the color, text and effects to design it for your needs.
    You can find the them in the Elements Panel under the Buttons dropdown, just drag and drop to the canvas and edit in the Properties Panel.

Please try them and tell us what you think.

13. Hey Guys

This isn't a suggestion, however I'd like to tell you that what you offer is amazing. I'm a complete novice, but needed to create a website for my University portfolio. Your tutorials are extremely helpful and you regularly update your website. I'm giving you guys a big high five right now!

Thanks, keep up the good work.

P.s. Happy New Year

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Text editing tools

Text editing tools like outline feature.
    Selecting Font is time consuming. Should work like if select text and then scroll fonts , text changes according to font.
    Also, normally All site is built with one font but I have to change fonts in each page and text box separately. Not good at all.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gallery/Samples?

Do you have some URLs of published sites I could visit before committing to a signup? I perused briefly but could not locate any. I'm intrigued!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Different payment options and credit cards

I'm using and loving Webydo. Congratulations to the "team Webydo" and thanks for this wonderful tool. So I have a problem... I'm thinking of buying a plan, but I live in Brazil and do not have an international credit card. I don't know how can I get a plan without an international credit card. So I suggest adding some other payment method, since Webydo is an international website...is for everyone...right?

Thanks.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Modify all text links

Currently when you make a piece of text a link the text changes its state to blue, underlined text. You have the capability to change only the color of the text. I would like to be able to adjust all options for the link.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For links: You may set a style for a link, and the apply it to all your site links.

18. Self Hosted Sites

I would like to be able to self host the sites I create with Webydo... is that possible? I don't mind paying for a premium account, but I would like the security of knowing that I have all the files (and control of them) should your company ever close or if I decide to use different tools to create future websites after creating some with Webydo. From the videos and tutorials, I don't forsee that happening (it's seems like an awesome tool) but you never know and I want control of what I create.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
    By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
    In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

19. Lightbox / modal window containing different content

I think that a great feature to add to webydo would be to enable customization of the content and the appearance of the lightbox.

Meaning, by clicking an image that is set to popup the lightbox we will be able to control what is in the lightbox (embedded video or contact form) and have the freedom to customize the color of the borders and background of the lightbox etc.'

I've seen this option in many websites and think it could add great value when creating websites.

Thanks,

David Citron

328 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released the Lightbox Element. It allows you to create a button that will display any web page in a popup window, dimming out the background of the page on which it is located.

Where to find it:
    In the Studio’s Elements Panel, open the “Gallery” category, and just drag & drop the “Lightbox” Element onto your canvas.

Hope you like it!

20. Parallax Scrolling Animator

Would this work on Webydo?

674 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Ella responded

Your Requested Parallax Scrolling Animator Is Here!

Now, you can create parallax scrolling sites with a pixel perfect accuracy, without writing a single line of code. With this special scrolling technique, you can create beautiful animation by having elements move individually when the user scrolls. It’s a great way to engage viewers through visual storytelling.

The Parallax Scrolling Animator is available inside your Webydo Studio, integrated seamlessly into all the other features. Just choose the element you want to animate and right click on it. Select “Add Parallax Animation” and set your motion path.

We’ve put up together this smashing, short video tutorial for tips on how to create an inspiring parallax scrolling site: https://vimeo.com/103309988

It was an exciting feature to work on. Motivated by your suggestions and feedback, our team was dedicated to developing the Parallax Scrolling Animator for you.

I’m dying to hear your thoughts about it and…

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base