Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Offer domain names

I think it would be great to offer a third plan (in addition to "free" and "standard") that includes a domain name and email account(s) with it. I'd love to be able to have everything to do with my website, hosting, domain, email etc ALL through webydo - and it would make things easiest for clients who don't already own a domain name or email to have everything under "one roof".

376 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Ella responded

Now, you can purchase domain names straight from Webydo.

Choose domain name and purchase it directly from your site settings in your Dashboard. The domain will be automatically connected to your website.

Go to your site settings on the Dashboard and click the “Domain & Email” tab to purchase your own domain.

2. Import Layered PSDs

Ability to import layered PSDs into webydo

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rotate text/images

I'd like the ability to rotate my pics or text, can we do this in Webydo, I cannot in Wix.

544 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Profiles for designers

Hey Webydo,
    It would be cool to be able to communicate directly with other designers on Webydo. I see cool stuff people are doing and I would love to get tips and learn some new tricks (or help when I can).

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Local backups

Webydo's back-up system may be rock-solid, but it would be even more reassuring if you could perform local back-ups of your Webydo sites. While Webydo will hopefully prosper and never lose any back-ups, it would be nice to know my site is separately backed-up just in case. It seems like everyday a once promising web service is being bought out and shuttered or just simply shuts down.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just released a new feature we call “Revision History”, and it allows you to go back in time…

In the your site studio, you can now preview older versions and changes made to your website and recover the version you like best.

- Every change is auto-saved
    - Go back in time endlessly
    - See who made changes and when
    - Preview site versions before restoring

Reverting your site does not eliminate other versions – we auto-save everything for your convenience.

How to work it

1. Open the Webydo Studio
    2. Click the Revision History Icon on the top right menu to enter Revision History View Mode.
    3. Click the timestamp in the panel on the left to see previous versions and editing details.
    4. To revert your site to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.

5. Click the X icon to exit Revision History…

6. More Fit To options for shapes

It is currently only possible to fit a shape to the site width - it would be great to be able to fit the shape to the background width (not height, just width!) so that the shape would always extend to the web browser edges. This would allow me to create various colored strips or "sections" that fit across the entire background to the edges of the web browser.

an example can be seen attached with the white shape stretched across the black background to fit to the edges of the browser (or background) edges...

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mozilla Firefox via Ubuntu Linux

The text while using Firefox through Ubuntu Linux does not show up the same as it does using any of the Windows browsers such as I.E., firefox, and chrome. The text is much larger and takes up a considerablw amount more space so when designing on Ubuntu Linux you actually do not have a very good idea of how lon the test will be on the page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sign up fields

Adding sign up fields in page for external accounts served from another server - cms

Nice it it could be housed directly on page or a cool pop up with field inputs over page

Thanks,

Jamie

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Milestones

It would be really helpful if Webydo could provide estimated completion dates for features or upgrades that are planned or underway. Especially if shown as a progress bar or graph.

Even if the estimated completion dates are total pie in the sky "guesstimates," it would at least give current and potential Webydo users somewhat of an idea of how to properly plan their projects and use of Webydo. For example, if Webydo estimates that a new feature won't be ready for 12+ months, you can at least plan knowing this feature won't be ready in only a few weeks, and…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HTML5

It's the way of the web. Most modern websites are moving to HTML5 for the backend code, it allows more to be done with our websites like transitions, animations, flash free videos etc and the current "HTML4 strict" that webydo uses is getting dated - it would be great to stay current

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All Webydo websites are valid HTML5 sites.

It was specially designed to deliver rich content. The current version delivers everything from animation to graphics, music to movies, and can also be used to build complicated websites.

HTML5 is also cross-platform. It is designed to work whether you are using a PC, or a Tablet, a Smartphone, or a Smart TV.

11. Inserting Vimeo

Would be good to insert a Vimeo videos.

Is there a way to do that, or do I need to upload it to youtube?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to add a video from Vimeo, just grab the embed code from Vimeo, then go back to Webydo, and by using the HTML Widget, paste the embedded code.

If you want, next time you are editing your site, contact our support team via chat, and they will help online.

12. Make the background image as a slider & video too!

Would be awesome to have the ability for the background image slides to different background image. Would more awesome if video background is possible to be added as the page background.

247 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Kel for your great idea!

I would recommend for you to use Paypal’s payment buttons for that.

You should visit the links I will post here, and copy the code for the button.

Then you should head back to Webydo, choose the HTML widget and paste the code inside it.

Buttons for donations:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_donate-intro-outside

Paypal buttons for single purchases:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_singleitem-intro-outside

14. flipbook

Add flipbook widget to offer zero footprint distribution publishing flexibility and a cool feel and experience for docs, images etc

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto fill width of Navigation bar

There should be an easy solution to automatically widen each of the navigational buttons so you can stratch them evenly across the navigational bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No borders?

Is there no ption to add borders around page elements? If not I'd say that's a pretty major item not available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alexxi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Webydo has border options. We call the borders around elements “stroke”.

You can edit them under the “Stroke” tab on the right properties panel. You may even have different stroke sized for each side of the element.

17. Webydo vs. competitors

There are an ever increasing number of CMS services to choose from. So it's hugely difficult to compare features and decide which is best for your site(s). Plus so many over-promise and under-deliver. So it would very helpful if Webydo offered a features comparison chart between the most well-known CMS services (i.e. WordPress, Drupal, Squarespace, LightCMS, Gutensite, etc).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why no app market?

I appreciate the great functionality of Webydo, what could bring the site to the next level would be to add a app market where we could add unlimited apps to our site? (Facebook likes, twitter feeds, instagram). It would really help the functionality of the site. Let me know!

-Phil

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Phil!

We do have an “App Market”, and we call it the “Widget” tool.

You use the widget tool to add whatever you want, and if it’s not there, you can add it by embedding html or by using Iframes.

19. Participate dates

You need to add dates to the "Participate" entries. Currently, you can't immediately tell when a Webydo user or staff person posted something. So when a Webydo staffer posts something like "This feature will be ready in 2 -3 weeks!", it's not obvious to someone who sees that post after the day it was posted when that feature will be ready. Which can be frustrating.

I also have to say that Webydo's team seems to be doing a great job quickly adding requested features to Webydo!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. white label affiliate program

Happy to promote your platform to clients and build on your system but since this limits my options and I am helping you grow your company, it would be great to offer a white label affiliate program with my branding for my clients. Perhaps do a free designer account + 30% discount on the monthly / yearly fees for the life time of the clients' accounts. It's pennies for you but imagine how viral this can become. It has to be an offer that is worth moving clients from other hosting options or considering to bother with yours. I'd love…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base