Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. More fonts options

More fonts options

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We wanted to inform you that you may now upload your own fonts, directly from your computer directory.

You may also connect to your Adobe Typekit account and use your fonts in the Webydo Studio.

To work it:

Upload your own fonts :

In the Webydo Studio, click on any text element. Then, in the design panel – under fonts – click, “Add Fonts.”
    Now, in the “Manage Your Fonts” window, go to the “Upload Your Fonts” tab. There, click the “upload font files button” and easily upload any font from your computer directory.

Adobe Typekit Connection:

In the Webydo Studio, click on any text element. Then, in the design panel – under fonts – click, “Add Fonts.”
    In the “Connect Typekit Fonts” tab, you can swiftly add your API Typekit token by following the cues.

2. no-reply@webydo.com email from contact form widget

Hi. Simple request.. since This is white label and also to improve the form widget

Can you use more neutral domain for your no-reply email sending to clients from website? ..(ex. pop-email.com etc...)

Also the ability to edit Subject Line from no-reply. (ex. New Quotes, New Suggestion, New Survey, etc...

For now, I have to sort out an alternative.. like coding..

Thanks..

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thumbnail Gallery

A thumbnail gallery is the most basic thing ever, I can only choose between 2 types of gallery and those aren't really an option for me now.

I suggest a thumbnail gallery in which:

1. I can see all my images in small squares/rectangles.

2. Enable or disable pagination (as in collections) if there are too many images.

3. Click a thumbnail and see a pop-up with a bigger image.

4. When in pop-up mode, be able to use arrows to see the next or previous images without going back to the thumbnails.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Silvana and everyone,
    We are happy to let you know that new galleries have been added in the studio, including a thumbnail gallery.
    You can find them in the Elements Panel on the left, just drag and drop them onto the canvas. Each gallery has it’s own unique editing options which you may change within the Design Panel.
    Try them and tell us what you think.

4. Custom url for mobile adaptive version.

Fully private branding url of mobile adaptive version.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WE NEED A DROP DOWN MENU OPTION

A think a few people have brought this up but could we have a drop down menu system option added to the menu bar.

Would be great to be able to offer our clients this as a lot of other websites out there do it.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full page width galleries and images

Galleries that fist across the entire web page are used a lot on modern websites especially for home pages so it would be really great to have, this is a mockup made in WIX that has these features:

http://gyazo.com/a6c2d8c1a0ae23371ed0cbb76b359601

Also you also should be able to set image objects to the full width of the page as you can with shape objects. I know you can add images as the fill for a shape object (as I have done below) but you can't set the image to crop to width so it just tiles (image1 shows the options available).

http://gyazo.com/8a5e79c11d5cf48ea49c9887e4947705

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Horia and everyone,

We are happy to let you know that new galleries have been added in the studio.
    You can find them in the Elements Panel on the left, just drag and drop them onto the canvas. Each gallery has it’s own unique editing options which you may change within the Design Panel.
    please try them and tell us what you think.

When you add an image to a Shape Element, you can set it to fill, fit, stretch or tile, that may answer to your needs.

Keep suggesting new ideas.

7. menu fonts

I know it is possible to add any font by CSS3 ... but I would like to have more fonts available to create menus, 600 fonts available would be great! remembering that there are over 600 fonts "web safe"

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to inform you that the Menu Element font list has now been updated.

You may now choose from hundreds of free open-source fonts which are optimized for the web, ensuring accurate typography and manifesting your website’s desired look & feel.

Hope you guys like it.

8. Add a colour palette to the right side panel

Hi,

I was looking for a quicker way to access a colour palette that i want to use on text, shapes and anything i'd like to be part of a consistent site wide colour palette.

Currently, the method to choose a colour from my site seems long winded.

A better option would be to have a saved colour palette on the right panel which can be accessed instantly. The benefit will be the speed of use and quick access as I could choose from my saved selection and edit colours on the fly for each selection.

See my very basic…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to let you know we have just released our new text editor.

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker, just like you wanted.

Hope you like it!

For more info, check out the tutorial video:
    http://participate.webydo.com/knowledgebase/articles/174197-the-text-element

9. revert to last save

Hi,
    A nice addition would be to have a 'Revert' to last save. As with any creative work you try ideas that don't quite work so it would be great to have an 'Revert' option that brings you back to your last saved state. Like what is used in most creative software.

thanks,
    tahir

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just released a new feature we call “Revision History”, and it allows you to go back in time…

In the your site studio, you can now preview older versions and changes made to your website and recover the version you like best.

- Every change is auto-saved
    - Go back in time endlessly
    - See who made changes and when
    - Preview site versions before restoring

Reverting your site does not eliminate other versions – we auto-save everything for your convenience.

How to work it

1. Open the Webydo Studio
    2. Click the Revision History Icon on the top right menu to enter Revision History View Mode.
    3. Click the timestamp in the panel on the left to see previous versions and editing details.
    4. To revert your site to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.

5. Click the X icon to exit Revision History…

10. Please fix the bugs.

There is a very annoying bug when editing a text. Every time I double click a text, every thing goes crazy. I can't see the menu and the editing penal. So I can't change the font or the color of the text and I have to refresh my page, start again, double click, and the thing goes crazy again. Please fix it. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Content Manager for Clients -- ability to add images and text

It would be great if clients could attach files to images in the content editor. For example, many times PDF downloads are indicated by an image of a PDF. Clicking the image takes you to a download link. Could we give the ability to provide content editors the option to attach a file to images?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our robust new Text Editor offers smarter and faster text editing, accurate typography, quick styles settings and cleaner code generation, complying with the latest W3C standards.

Customizing Typography Is Now Easier Than Ever:

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

Applying Text Styles Throughout Your Website:

The new Text Styles window allows you to quickly set various typography styles. With just one click you can efficiently apply, reuse or change the text styles throughout your website.

12. Can we have an explanation or a 'how to' section on using the SEO settings?

Can we have an explanation or a 'how to' section on using the SEO settings?

For those of us that aren't SEO wizards an instruction manual explaining what each of the SEO fields does and how to use them would be more than useful!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Video pop

I'm a Client of webstar web builder and I just register with you guys. I'm testing the water because after 4 yrs using webstar I'm ready for better tools.

My only suggestion it be great to have video pop out, but so far I like what I see.

I have a question if I decide to move, what it's the procedure to move my domain name to your platform.

Thanks
    Dwayne Alers

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just released a the Video Lightbox Element.

A new element has been added to the Galleries Section of the Elements Panel. The Video Lightbox element creates a button that will display a video from Youtube or Vimeo in a pop-up window.

14. Text Colours & rollovers

Hi I'm new to Webydo and overall I'm impressed with it.

Two things I'd like to see immediately :)

1. After you selecting text there is no indication what colour it is in text box menu at the top. It really should display either the colour or the hex code.
      (copy and paste doesn't keep the colours at present)

2. As far I can tell there is no roll-over effects apart from the nav menu.

Please implement text rollover on images, (not delayed captions, which are available now) It's essential on portfolios and very useful when you don't want a text box…

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have some exciting news. New buttons are now available in the Studio with rollover states and multiple animations and transition effects.

Not only do you have dozens of buttons to choose from, you are also able to customize the color, text and effects of the states to fit your design needs.

You can find these buttons in the Elements Panel under the Buttons drop-down and simply drag and drop them onto the canvas.

For more information on the new buttons: http://goo.gl/kE6A4F

Please try them and tell us what you think.

15. Edit text attributes in multiple text boxes simultaneously

Would be great if it were possible to select multiple text boxes and edit text attributes (e.g. font, size, kerning) for all selected boxes simultaneously.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our robust new Text Editor offers smarter and faster text editing, accurate typography, quick styles settings and cleaner code generation, complying with the latest W3C standards.

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

The new Text Styles window allows you to quickly set various typography styles. With just one click you can efficiently apply, reuse or change the text styles throughout your website.

16. "Preset" Text Color Drop Down

Preset Text Color Drop Down Selection.

The ability to "preset" several text colors as in shape properties would be very convenient. Last generator I used actually showed last 10-15 colors used common to shapes or text that was recently used or selected (also had eyedropper if desired) and made for quick, accurate selections.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cross-browser compatibility

As we all know, Internet Explorer can be a pain when it comes to cross-browser compatibility. What versions of IE does this work in?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Downloadable Project +

(1) Follow Adobe Muse.......... One subscription - 2 computer usage. This way the designer and the client can better work together. If you keep your price down or as is...... you will have many clients switching over from the competition.

(2) If this is a subscription site then the clients should be able to create as much as they want without limitation within the subscription period like Adobe Muse.

(3) If you make your sites downloadable........... All will come to your service. This is the number one reason that pro designers are dumping the subscription service (No Flexibility)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
    By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
    In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

19. Proper typographic control of text with style sheets

I think what is missing is basic typographic control of text, being able to set things like ‘space after’ paragraph, widows, line spacing as pixels, indents etc

And to ensure consistency, Text paragraph style sheets are a must.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Font Styles

Use of different styles of the same font:
    bold, light, italic, small caps etc.

I am really missing the light version of the Raleway font or Quicksand.

Would be very happy if you implemented this.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more.

Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base