Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Shapes should have the same link options as any other.

When adding a link to a Shape, it should have the same options as other links pertaining to "Open in same window" and/or "Open in new window". Once someone is on the site where you want them, it shouldn't open a new window. For instance, if I have an Ecwid product that I'd like to reach by clicking on a shape, it should not open a new window.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Mat,
    That’s an excellent idea, more options for links will make the site building more flexible.
    We will look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

2. form feature where I can able to add label, text box and submit button for registration page

Text Box, Label, Submit Button for registration Page with validations - It would be great if Webydo can implement a form feature where I can able to add label, text box and submit button for registration page, where I can mention name, contact, email etc.. in labels and would ask the external user to fill in the info in the text boxes and External user can submit it to be able to register to the site.
    If you can also include compare validation for the password, range validation for contact number and custom validations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for that detailed response. I think you are looking for two separate things:
    1. A more detailed form with more options. Did you try our new form widgets? Perhaps they will answer to your needs, you can find them in the Elements Panel, under the Forms & Surveys Dropdown.
    2. An individual logging and registration system, which it a fantastic idea that we will look into.

Thank you for you wonderful suggestion, we appreciate all the feedback, don’t hesitate to give us more.

3. Auto Correction Dictionary

Auto Correction Dictionary - It would be nice if Webydo can enhance or include auto correction dictionary with spell check feature that will help and save a lot of time while typing text.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ammy,
    That’s a really good idea, it would be a great addition to the text treatment in the studio.
    Let’s see how many votes it gathers, thank you for the suggestion!

4. Folder for Images

Default upload Image size is 4MB, It would be nice if Webydo allows to upload Images greater than 4mb size. Also, it would be nice to have image folder within the webydo site so that instead of browsing it from my own desktop I can neatly organize my Image repository. In addition, this would help me add images in HTML code since it requires the path which I can map it from Image repository folder within the webydo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no need for you to actually map images. The Studio does that for you, it is being done automatically in the system. When you upload an image it is automatically saved in your Media Library and the website’s media folder.
    As for the image size limitation – we will look into it, but in the meantime, there are various ways to reduce large image size, live “Save For Web”, in Photoshop.
    Thank you for the suggestion, keep submitting new ideas!

5. Edit menu in tablet

At the moment, if i want to make any changes tot he size of the menu in the tablet to fit, it changes the menu in the desktop, so i have to have a menu that will fit the desktop and tablet at the same time.

I want to edit the size and other feature, without it affecting the desktop version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anton,
    Design changes on the Menu Element will effect the website across every breakpoint. The only properties that can be changed this way are Position on the X,Y, hight and width.
    To redesign the menu, you need to create a new element for each breakpoint. The correct workflow is working from the largest breakpoint (Desktop), to the smallest (Mobile portrait).
    I’ll explain:

- Create a menu for the desktop breakpoint.
    - Go to the tablet breakpoint.
    - Select the Menu.
    - In the Properties Panel, Hide the element from the desktop breakpoint.
    - Now, drag a new Menu Element to the canvas (alternately, duplicate the menu, and THEN hide the original from the desktop view).
    - Design the new menu to your needs.
    - Repeat on all breakpoints.

We are currently working on a development that will prevent design changes by mistake. we will update you as we progress.

6. Improved Client Management

A few suggestions I would recommend:

1) A better client management system portal

When setting up a site, it asks the name of the client, but then this is not used seemingly anywhere else. Some client have several sites, and it would be nice to have a client profile where I could view all of their sites, billing dates, outstanding payments etc. - If this platform is truly meant to be for design business, some more heavy lifting on the business tools side would be very helpful

2) The ability to customize transactional messaging. Currently payment requests have a default…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James,
    Those are all very good suggestions. Thank you for making them so detailed, we will be looking into them as we improve the system.

Keep submitting, your ideas are great.

7. Space Guides

Drag quick guides that are like shapes with for example 20px height or 10px with, just so you can get the spacing right quickly without too much maths.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a very good idea, we will look into it for future development.

Thank you for the suggestion!

8. Align & space intra-form containers

Right now, aligning and spacing containers within a form is a manual eyeballing process. It would be nice to be able to create an intra-form container (i.e., container with the prompt and its related text field, error msg), then duplicate the container (already possible) and have a non-freehand way to align and space relative to other intra-form containers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ben
    That’s a very good idea, the process could be improved. We will look into this, thank you for the suggestion!

9. Option to add 'header' area to 'article' layout

I've created an article layout with the content just being 'image and blurb underneath' - repeated. I want to be able to expand the 'article' box at the top to add a heading. Having a 'header' option for articles would be good, perhaps a footer option at the same time could be of use to some people as well. To get this 'header' idea to work for me I had to create a separate text box for the heading and a separate white box to sit behind the 'article'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thats an interesting idea. We will look into it.
    The Article Element could be more flexible to customisation,

Thank you for the suggestion

10. Copy and pasting of 'article' layout

I've created a website that has several pages with the same 'article' layout. It would have been great to set up and stylise one 'article' layout, then just copy and paste this onto the other pages. It is not possible to copy and paste 'article' layouts so I had to restyle the 'article' layout on all the different pages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    That’s a very interesting idea. We will look into it,
    You might be interested to hear that we are currently developing a feature that will let you save elements as favorites and reuse them.
    For now, what you could do is duplicate a page with a styled article, delete its items and work from there.

11. Clear Guides

Hi, Can you give us the ability to clear the guides please, not switch them off?

As you can imagine, as you build a site you can end up with numerous unwanted and a confusing mess of old guidelines. It would also be good to clean up the desktop before we hand it over to the customer.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,
    That’s a great idea, clearing the canvas of all guides would be convenient.
    Le’t see what the community thinks while we look into your idea.
    Thank you.

12. Import a previously exported webydo website

It would be nice to be able to import an already exported webydo website. Sometime we do website and then we exported them and delete them completely. After some time, months or years we may want to reuse them.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Philippos,
    That’s an excellent idea. Importing projects is a great feature that will benefit many users. Let’s see how many votes are gathered while our team is looking into this.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

13. better preview mode

Enable preview mode to test all widgets and buttons that you add. That way it will be easier to tell if your site will act the way you desire it to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tom,
    That’s a very good idea. In the meantime, you can test all of the site’s elements with Publish.

If you wish to do it privately, you can use the Password Protection feature.
    In Pages & Navigation, click the settings icon for the page you wish to work on.
    Open the Visibility dropdown and click Password Protected.
    Choose a username and password.
    Click OK.
    Now only you will have access to this page.

We’ll keep you updated with any developments. Thanks for the suggestion!

14. 63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    That’s a really cool menu, it will be a great addition to the Studio, thanks for showing this to us.

Now lets see what the community thinks.

15. Internet explorer usability

Internet explorer usability. not everyone uses chrome. thanks so much...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    That’s and interesting idea. We know that currently very few users are operating on Explorer. Supporting that platform will take a lot of resources, but if the community is asking for it we will do it. Lets see how many votes are gathered.

Thanks for the suggestion, keep submitting new ideas and vote!

16. Element Type in Design Panel Titlebar

I think it would be great to have the element type of the currently selected element displayed in the design panel title bar or similar location for people to know what they are working with when they start with a pre-designed template or layout.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for your kind response. A pop-up or indication in the top of the Design Panel for the chosen element is a great idea, we will look into it while it gather’s votes.

Thanks for the suggestion!

17. Fit shape to 100% page height

It would be nice to be able to make a shape (section) fit to 100% body height, to replicate the full page sections you see in many sites right now. It would also be great to then be able to group the content in that 100% body height section and have it automatically center vertically to any screen size.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s a really cool feature, well look into it.

18. Coming soon page

I know that you can create a coming soon page, by making it the home page and not putting any links on it, and putting the actual home page on a different page name.

It would be really cool if you could just click a button to make a certain page the coming soon page, and then if you turn that off the the website goes back live again.

This would be great for clients that are not paying on time of not renewing their hosting with us on time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Anton,
    A checkbox in Pages & Navigation to set a “coming soon” page is a great idea, we will look into it.

Thanks for writing to us!

19. The option to give a cms user of one project to see and use the Help Tab and the Chat opt so the user could learn how to use webydo platform

The option to give a cms cllient with full design access to a project to see and use the Help Tab and the Chat option so the client could learn how to use webydo platform by him self with out the need to ask the designer every little question.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    That’s a very good idea. The CMS users could learn a lot from the CMS tutorial, we will look into this.
    Thank you for your suggestion!

20. Undo feature to include accidentally moving one of the grid lines.

Or just being able to lock the grid lines, like mentioned in another suggest feature topic already.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Anton,

Undo guide movement is a great idea, it will be more convenient in the studio.
    Let see what the community thinks while we look over your suggestion.
    Thank you!

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base