Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. More options for galleries: full page, better designs

better gallery styles. easier to customize, diffterence sizes for portrait and horizontal pictures. Perhaps a gallery that zooms in full page.

399 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Sivan responded

Hi everyone,

We are happy to let you know that new galleries have been added in the studio.

You can find them in the Elements Panel on the left, just drag and drop them onto the canvas. Each gallery has it’s own unique editing options which you may change within the Design Panel.

Try them and tell us what you think, and keep suggesting new ideas.

2. Auto Save

In my experience so far, there is a real need for an Auto Save feature. Although we can press the save button, there are times when I have flipped back and forth between pages/design views and my work has gone back to the prior edits.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released a new feature we call “Revision History”, and it allows you to go back in time…

In the your site studio, you can now preview older versions and changes made to your website and recover the version you like best.

- Every change is auto-saved
    - Go back in time endlessly
    - See who made changes and when
    - Preview site versions before restoring

Reverting your site does not eliminate other versions – we auto-save everything for your convenience.

How to work it

1. Open the Webydo Studio
    2. Click the Revision History Icon on the top right menu to enter Revision History View Mode.
    3. Click the timestamp in the panel on the left to see previous versions and editing details.
    4. To revert your site to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.

5. Click the X icon to exit Revision History…

3. Lightbox / modal window containing different content

I think that a great feature to add to webydo would be to enable customization of the content and the appearance of the lightbox.

Meaning, by clicking an image that is set to popup the lightbox we will be able to control what is in the lightbox (embedded video or contact form) and have the freedom to customize the color of the borders and background of the lightbox etc.'

I've seen this option in many websites and think it could add great value when creating websites.

Thanks,

David Citron

328 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released the Lightbox Element. It allows you to create a button that will display any web page in a popup window, dimming out the background of the page on which it is located.

Where to find it:
    In the Studio’s Elements Panel, open the “Gallery” category, and just drag & drop the “Lightbox” Element onto your canvas.

Hope you like it!

4. Parallax Scrolling Animator

Would this work on Webydo?

674 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Ella responded

Your Requested Parallax Scrolling Animator Is Here!

Now, you can create parallax scrolling sites with a pixel perfect accuracy, without writing a single line of code. With this special scrolling technique, you can create beautiful animation by having elements move individually when the user scrolls. It’s a great way to engage viewers through visual storytelling.

The Parallax Scrolling Animator is available inside your Webydo Studio, integrated seamlessly into all the other features. Just choose the element you want to animate and right click on it. Select “Add Parallax Animation” and set your motion path.

We’ve put up together this smashing, short video tutorial for tips on how to create an inspiring parallax scrolling site: https://vimeo.com/103309988

It was an exciting feature to work on. Motivated by your suggestions and feedback, our team was dedicated to developing the Parallax Scrolling Animator for you.

I’m dying to hear your thoughts about it and…

5. Package & export/save complete site design

First of all, this a great service!
    This might be available already but can you export your finished design?

The ability to completely package all the images, text styles, html, css etc and either export/save it to your desktop would be a massive help to designer who aren't or don't want to be html gurus.

Scaleable charges depending on the amount of pages designed even at £30 / £50 / £70 etc it would be viable for most small one man design teams to get professional results to their clients own in-house IT/Marketing etc to manage.

Thanks

185 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
    By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
    In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

6. Local backups

Webydo's back-up system may be rock-solid, but it would be even more reassuring if you could perform local back-ups of your Webydo sites. While Webydo will hopefully prosper and never lose any back-ups, it would be nice to know my site is separately backed-up just in case. It seems like everyday a once promising web service is being bought out and shuttered or just simply shuts down.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released a new feature we call “Revision History”, and it allows you to go back in time…

In the your site studio, you can now preview older versions and changes made to your website and recover the version you like best.

- Every change is auto-saved
    - Go back in time endlessly
    - See who made changes and when
    - Preview site versions before restoring

Reverting your site does not eliminate other versions – we auto-save everything for your convenience.

How to work it

1. Open the Webydo Studio
    2. Click the Revision History Icon on the top right menu to enter Revision History View Mode.
    3. Click the timestamp in the panel on the left to see previous versions and editing details.
    4. To revert your site to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.

5. Click the X icon to exit Revision History…

7. Collection of plugins or widgets based on jqery... for better interactivity...

Hi guys i really like what i see here... Finaly something easy to use and powerfull... My idea is to build collection on plugins or widgets based on jquery plugins so people can put interactivity into sites without need to code... Looking forward to see how webydoo becoming better and stronger tool for us designers...

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. white label affiliate program

Happy to promote your platform to clients and build on your system but since this limits my options and I am helping you grow your company, it would be great to offer a white label affiliate program with my branding for my clients. Perhaps do a free designer account + 30% discount on the monthly / yearly fees for the life time of the clients' accounts. It's pennies for you but imagine how viral this can become. It has to be an offer that is worth moving clients from other hosting options or considering to bother with yours. I'd love…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sliders should be able to link to a certain page.

Sliders should be able to link to a page. I want to announce different services and I need the images displayed in the slider to be able to link to the services and products I'm announcing there.

231 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Full-width, slideshow, horizontal, rotator and grid galleries are the newest additions to the Webydo Studio. Each gallery has it’s own unique editing options which you may change within the Design Panel.

10. More Fit To options for shapes

It is currently only possible to fit a shape to the site width - it would be great to be able to fit the shape to the background width (not height, just width!) so that the shape would always extend to the web browser edges. This would allow me to create various colored strips or "sections" that fit across the entire background to the edges of the web browser.

an example can be seen attached with the white shape stretched across the black background to fit to the edges of the browser (or background) edges...

235 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer domain names

I think it would be great to offer a third plan (in addition to "free" and "standard") that includes a domain name and email account(s) with it. I'd love to be able to have everything to do with my website, hosting, domain, email etc ALL through webydo - and it would make things easiest for clients who don't already own a domain name or email to have everything under "one roof".

376 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Ella responded

Now, you can purchase domain names straight from Webydo.

Choose domain name and purchase it directly from your site settings in your Dashboard. The domain will be automatically connected to your website.

Go to your site settings on the Dashboard and click the “Domain & Email” tab to purchase your own domain.

12. Custom 404 Error Pages

It would be great to be able to design our own custom error pages (called 404 pages) when someone navigates to a page on our website that has been removed or doesn't exist - instead of the standard webydo branded 404 "page not found" page it would be nice to have our own.

293 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now fully customize your own 404 Error page.

Tip: Design an appealing message on your 404 page so visitors will understand what happened and what they can do next.
    You can see ours here.

How to work it?
    - For new sites: When you create a new site, a “404 Error page” will be part of your page list so you’ll be able to fully design it just like any other page.

- For existing sites: In your Studio’s “Pages” menu, create a new page and make sure that the URL property is set to www.yoursite.com/404.html

What do you think?

13. Password protect pages to secure access

URL spoofing reveals all the pre-launch designs that people are working on. Maybe a simple password to protect them?

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Sivan responded

Hi everyone,

We want to let you know that we have a new feature: Page Visibility.

This new feature lets you control the visibility of each page on your website.
    In the Webydo Studio, you can define any page as public, private or password protected.

Public: visible to everyone (default setting).
    Private: visible only in the Webydo Studio.
    Password Protected: visible only upon entering a username and password (these values remain the same regardless of page).

How It Works:
    Go to the Pages & Navigation window.
    Choose the page you wish to edit.
    Click the Settings Icon.
    Under Visibility choose: Public, Private or Password Protected (for this option you must enter a username and password).
    Click OK and Publish.

Thank you for the feedback, if you have more questions please contact our support team.

14. Export content to template

It would be great to have the ability to export the finished project to several popular CMS like Joomla!, WordPress, etс.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
    By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
    In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

15. Copy And Paste Elements Between Pages

I would be nice to copy elements from one page and be able to past them on another page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Frank!

You do have the ability to copy and paste elements between pages.

We know there are some bugs regarding the this ability, and we are working to fix them as soon as possible.

16. Favicon Possibilities

Can we add Favicons?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are very excited to announce that we have release a new “Site Presets” interface, where you can easily upload your own favicon, among other important settings.

Just click the “Site Presets” link on the top menu.

Hope you guys like it!

17. Custom site name in the URL for complimentary sites ( Testing Phase )

I am not sure if this issue has been mentioned or if I have can not figure out how to do it.

It would be nice to have a url with a specific/ custom name.

EX: http://customdesigns.webydo.com/?v=1 instead of what I have currently: http://site206871.webydo.com/?v=1

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Under the “My Branding” tab on the dashboard, there is a section called “Publish Sites Under Your Own Domain Name”.

This will allow you to connect your own domain name and publish sites under your own name.

Instead of publishing sites under Webydo’s sub-domain like this: site123.webydo.com,
    publish your sites under your own domain, like this: site123.yourowndomain.com.

18. Feedburner Channel, Intranet tools and offline mode

Hi,
    Could feedburner services be incorporated so as to auto push content to ones site, If one could add a moot account to a finished websites that would be awesome (moot.it) or at least a cool collaborative feature like with the feel of fluent.io just so that one's website can have an intranet feel .(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07MnBf9QNY) . Is it also possible to have a downloadable version of webydo reason being that some ideas for design actually comes when one is not online.
    Warm regards

Yax

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Yakubu!

You can add the tools you mentioned using Webydo’s HTML Widget Tool.

Just as an example, I opened an account at moot.it, and using Webydo’s HTML Widget Tool, I easily copied and pasted the code.

This is the result:
    http://site195190.webydo.com/

To learn more about Webydo’s HTML Widget Tool, check out the followinf tutorial:
    http://participate.webydo.com/knowledgebase/articles/174248-the-widget-element-

19. Rollover States

It would be great to have rollover states for shapes and text boxes just like there is for menu buttons.

962 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have some exciting news. New buttons are now available in the Studio with rollover states and multiple animations and transition effects.

Not only do you have dozens of buttons to choose from, you are also able to customize the color, text and effects of the states to fit your design needs.

You can find these buttons in the Elements Panel under the Buttons drop-down and simply drag and drop them onto the canvas.

For more information on the new buttons: http://goo.gl/kE6A4F

Please try them and tell us what you think.

20. Mobile and tablet preview

How about three preview modes, desktop, tablet and mobile. This way you will instantly see how your design is looking across all devices and amend it accordingly?

115 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce that the brand new mobile/tablet editor is now available for all users!

With the new editor, you can fine tune your mobile/tablet version of your website using the various customization options. These options allow you to change the scale of items, move features around, hide content and change the overall design of the mobile/tablet website, to provide as great an experience on mobile as possible.

Edit content from just one place!

Changes made by the CMS users to the content on the desktop version of these sites are reflected within the mobile versions as well.
    This means that your content manager will continue editing the site as he always did.

The mobile editor is now available in beta mode.

So please, feel free to send us as much feedback as you can, so we can continue to add more features to it.

Hope you will like…

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base