Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Easier Form builder

A way to select through a view of different Pre-build Forms
    Have a checklist of what you want to include in your form.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FULL Video Background intergration

A way to import mpeg4, avi, flv,etc files for the background, and be able to loop.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Samuel,

If you wish to use the Video element, you should upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo, and then embed it in Webydo’s Video element.

You may then set it to fit the width of your site, and have it play in loop.

3. switch between desktop and mobile site

making it possible for mobile versions to switch between desktop an d mobile page.
    so that i can use image buttons for this and not only text (MOBILE | Desktop).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Is there already a way to include a widget of google maps? Or a way to include a live map on a site?

I come from the world of WIX and I was able to make that site work within the parameters that they set.
    http://fusion054.wix.com/paragonboston#!portfolio/c16up
    There were some cool stock widgets that they had which were pretty cool and one of them was the google maps. Google maps is something that I would like to include in my work and there are many professional companies out here who like to include this into their sites.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan,

YES!

You can easily embed an interactive map in your site using google maps and the Webydo HTML widget.

1. Go to Google Maps and look up your address
    2. On the bottom right corner, click on the cogwheel icon and select the “share and embed map” option.
    3. Switch to the “embed map” tab and copy the code on the top
    4. After copying the code, go back to Webydo.
    5. Drag a widget element onto the canvas, and switch to an HTML type widget.
    6. On the right you’ll see a code window, paste in your code and click update.
    7. The map will appear in the widget.

You can adjust the size of the widget manually or simply adjust the size of the map using the code.
    This is very easy to do.

Simply change the width and height properties between the quotation marks…

5. Ability to change page position of "repeat on all pages" elements

For example - I would like to repeat a footer on all pages, however, some pages are longer than others and the footer needs to appear lower on the page. We need the ability to somehow "unlock" the position on individual pages and be able to move it freely without effecting other pages. We should be able to position the element where we want on each page individually - and only the CONTENT of the element changes on all repeated pages.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

When an element is repeated on all pages it appears in the same place within that layer. So if you have an element in your footer, it will appear in the same place within the footer on all pages. But the footer can change positions per page based on your contents height.

So based of what you have described, you can do exactly what you want.

Let me know if you are still having trouble!
    You can also contact support@webydo.com

Alana,
    The Webydo Team

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Parallax Scroll improvements

I'd LOVE to see a 'parallax scroll' option to FADE IN (0% ~ 100% Opacity) as well as the current Fade Out as is the current situation.

What I'd like to do is create images that fade in, perhaps stay visible for a short amount of time over a scroll, then fade out to vanish once again.

ALSO to have a movement follow a Bézier curve rather than simply a strait line...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Making an element fade to 100%, or the other way around is possible using the Parallax Scrolling Animation option.

After adding parallax to an element, click on the “+ Add Effect” button, and choose “Fade To”.

If you set it to fade to 0%, the element will fade out, and if you set it to 100%, it will fade in.

In order to delay the effect, choose the “Delay Before” effect.

Let me know how it works out.

8. Mask photos in shapes like circles or other geometric shapes

Would be awesome if we could make more shapes right in the editor, and within that ability have the option to upload a picture right into the shape where it was masked inside the shape. Then the ability to further edit the image in that it can either be cropped, centered, stretched, ect.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for reaching out!
    If you wish to make a circle, you should play with the “Border Radius” option, under the “Stroke” tab. Setting a big corner radius, will eventually create the circle you wish, for every single element.

9. Slider Revolution support

"Slider Revolution" (or an equivalent JQuery slider that provides similar capabilities) is a powerful slider that can display pictures or video with customizable transitions, effects and animations. It is almost a "must have" for modern day designers to be able to create websites for clients, and would be a highly welcomed capability to add into the Webydo platform.

Can you please, please, PLEASE look into plugin support for this and other possible commonly used plugins?

http://revolution.themepunch.com/jquery/

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although integrating these kind of plugins as an internal part of the Webydo Studio is a great idea, you may download any plugin, and incorporate it to your site, using the “Add code” options.

For example, in the “Pages” menu you have the “add code” option. This will allow you to add your own HTML and CSS (the CSS code added will only affect the HTML code added by you).

You may also use the “Widget Element” and choose “HTML” in order to add code to a specific part of your site.

These plugins usually consist of chunks of codes you need to copy and paste to your site, so following their instructions will allow you to add them to your Webydo site.

This is another great way to customize your site.

If you encounter any difficulties with this, make sure you reach our support team through the…

10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rogue!

In order to have elements stay in a fix position, you may right click them, and then select “Pin Position”. This will make the element stay in the same place, while you scroll your site.

If you wish to have an element change it’s size, you should right click that element and select “Add Parallax Effect”, and choose the “Scale” Effect. (Check out this video: http://vimeo.com/channels/webydo/103309988)

11. Page Master

It would be great if we could view and edit a 'page master' without being able to see the rest of the clutter from the page so we can focus only on the items that will appear on every page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can save time from manually inserting the same elements across all your pages by utilizing the “Repeat on Some Pages” feature.

Once you finish designing an element, simply right-click on it and select the “Repeat on all Pages” option. You’ll be able to select on which pages the element will appear.

In order to only see the “master” elements, create a new blank page, and you will only see the “repeated master elements”.

12. Key missing features

1) Button Object is a must! (see Wix) a button with hover and click states (like your menu)

2) Background Video is a must (embedded and self running)

3) Background Pined-Image (so you can Paralax over it)

4) Killer feature: Activate the animation feature by a button click (not only via Paralax scroll)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for the ideas!

1. A button element is surely a must :) We have already added it to the roadmap, and it seems that it would be ready in a month or two.

2. A couple ow weeks ago, we have updated the Video element, and you may now make it fit the entire width of the screen, allowing you to place it in the background.

3. To achieve the “Background Pined-Image (so you can Paralax over it)” effect, just place a shape in the canvas, add a background image to it, and set it to “scroll with page=”no". This will do the trick.

4. Animation by click – we will add this to our “to-do” list.

Let us know if this works for you, by commenting.

Thanks!

13. allow email address to have text color

why is that when I link an email address the color is overridden to black only.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Already Available  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile Beta

When will it work?

My site ashmanshope.com has been in Beta mode since Feb. 2014. Can a mobile site be turned off so users will go immediately to the full site?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FREE PLEASE

Make a free version

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. embed edge animate

Hi,
    just wanted to know what would be the best way to embed a Adobe Edge Animate project into my sites

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good question Shaun.

If you wan’t to embed HTML to your site, you may do so in 2 ways:

1. In order to add/edit code, in the studio, click on the “Pages” link on the top menu. Next to each of your site’s pages, you will find the “Add Code” option.

2. Use the Widget element, available in the top elements menu. Choose the HTML option, and paste your code. For more info, check this out:
    http://participate.webydo.com/knowledgebase/articles/174248-the-widget-element

17. Partner API for Adding our own widgets

We want JS libraries and SCRIPT code to be added to pages so that the pages can be connected to back-end enterprise systems.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out Garry,

Have you tried using the “Widget Element”?
    You should be able to embed your code through it.

You may also do it by adding code to your site, by opening the “Pages” menu, and clicking on the “Add Code” icon.

18. It would be great if we could create a mask for our videos... like short clips playing inside a circle or big rounded rectangles

I'm creating a new web design right now and I would love to make it on webydo but sadly I can create a mask for the video player, the mask is a bold rounded rectangle which is the negative space of the logo icon, if this feature could be added... wow, that would be awesome...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Barney,

This is actually possible!

Add the video element, and then on the right properties panel, under the “Stroke” tab, play with the “Corner Radius” options, in order to “mask” the video.

Give it a try, and let me know how it works out for you.

19. Fix Position after Animation/Parallax Scroll

For entities to fix position after completing a motion path, opposed to continue up and off the page as a user scrolls down.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to achieve a fix position after, or before a transition, you should add the effect called “Delay After” or “Delay Before”.

This will keep the element in a fixed position, for as long as you set it.

Please try this and let us know here if it works for you,

20. Visitor info w/o registering to site

some way of obtaining the name and email of people who visit my site, my wife is a tattoo artist and building a mailing list would be excellent for her buissness, without requiering people to register to the site just to look at artwork this drives us both nuts

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

I would recommend using the Form Element in order to add a form to your website.

In the form you would ask users who wish to join your list, for their name and email.

Would this work for you?

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base