Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Automatic text animation

As it now stands, the text caption animation only happened when it is triggered by mouse rollover, but it would be advantageous to be able to make it occur when the photo loads, not dependent on rollover or scrolling. There also doesn't appear to be any no documentation in the image element video or Knowledge Base to let the designer know that this is only triggered on rollover.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Ella responded

Hi Mike,

That’s a great idea, and it match with our plans to enlarge the availability of animations, transitions and interactions
    Regarding the lacking documentation: we are currently working on full update of the knowledge base, as well as our video tutorials, so your note is well taken.

2. enable the display of german umlaut

for now, webydo replaces ä, ö, or ü with a "?" in tab names- which looks weird. Please enable the correct display of those umlauts. thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

That’s a thought. Let’s turn to our community to see if they agree.

3. change image from library

options to change an image from the library in stead of from the pc. click on change image, opens up the image library and from there one can choose an image or upload an image from the pc. Now it seems the media library gets cluttered with alot of images, and same images as well.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Marieke,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Media Library. Indeed, this feature can use some updates, and it will happen according to our community’s needs and requirements.

4. Slide Gallery can go both directions.

The horizontal slide gallery can go left to right, or right to left.
    Right now you have no option on that. A simple adjustment to this gallery will make it even better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vafa,

That’s a great idea – as well as simple tweak that will appeal to many of our users. Let’s turn to our community and hear what people think about this one.

5. Stroke Colors

1 - Having the ability to set a stroke color for each individual corner.

2 - Having the ability to edit colors for individual navigation bars (For example, if you'd like to set a custom color for the LAST dropdown item

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan,

Great thinking! Thank you for an idea many of our users can utilise further on. All we’ve got left to do is hear from the rest of our community.

6. Tabbed Content module with the ability to add text, images, galleries, videos etc.

This feature would be especially useful for e-commerce sites and product sites when it's necessary to display a variety of information about a specific product (ie. specs, reviews, how to videos etc) using limited real estate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kelly,

That’s one brilliant thought! Let’s see if our community agrees, and promote it accordingly.

7. Text box with scroll bar functionality

This functionality HAS TO BE INCLUDED AS STANDARD.

I can't believe this is not standard. I've just created a Bio page with 920+ words and the page looks ridiculous (TALL) compare to the other rest of the site.

There is no way I should be looking for an external widget to do this of BASIC, BASIC FUNCTION.

I look forward to your reply with positive anticipation.

Best regards,

GJIGGY.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi GJIGGY,

That’s a thought. Lets turn to our community to see if they agree.

8. page tags, tag manager, tag cloud.

simple features that help a lot in wordpress based pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Yaronimus,

Thank you for this suggestion. Let’s see what our community thinks.

9. footer editable as a separate page

maybe it would be wise to change the footer element so it would be only editable as a separate web page. that is because content elements constantly get into the footer area, thus creating bugs, shifting their location (which is annoying), and changing to pinned objects.
    the footer and the header are usually the stable elements of the web page.
    am i right?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yaronimus,

That’s a thought! We are very well aware of the header and footer importance, and constantly seeking for ways to improve their overall usage. So let’s turn to our community to see if they agree – or perhaps have different solutions to this issue.

10. "pinterest" like layout

i'm not sure what is the right term, but i would suggest expanding the "collection" feature so it can:
    1. adjust to the width of the screen
    2. contain pictures with a fixed width and a changed height like in pinterest.
    this means that the containing div or box is changing according to the photo & text it contains.
    3. a click on the photo will open a popup with a bigger photo (& background darkening)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yaronimus,

That’s a cool idea. Upgrading the Collection element by adding a veriety of functionalities to it, could work for many of our users. All we have got left to do is wait for the community’s response to this suggestion.

11. Delete empty space

Essentially there are times where you edit sections of scrolling webpages and it would be useful to delete the blank space and have the rest of the webpage shift up.

As it stands I believe you have to select everything after that point and manually move it up which is a nightmare

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Hugh,

That’s an idea. Lets hear what our community has to say and continue according to it.

12. Preview of your text when selecting Fonts

When you're scrollling through the font data base it would be effective if your own desired text could be displayed instead of the font name.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion. Let’s see what our community thinks, and prioritize such feature according to its feedback.

13. Pin position after certain amount of pixels

There has to be an option in pinposition that you can lock an object for a certain amount of pixels in the height.

For example:

I would like a blackbar where you can find my site navigation (home, contact, team.)

But in first place there will be shown a video in full width of the webpage .

So I don't want that my blackbar overlaps my video, so I need a function that disables the pinpoistion for a certain amount of pixels

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

That’s a thought. Alongside transitions, parallax motions and additional interactions, adjusting pinned items position to page scroll would upgrade many websites. So let’s hear the rest of the community’s insights on this idea, and implement it accordingly.

14. A rescaling full width video reponsive to different computer screens (1920x1080, 1366x768, 1280x768 etc etc)

A full width video that has the function of a banner which automatically plays when the site opens. This video has to be exact same size on different screens and still remain on the full width of the site.

My issue is when I look my video back on three different screens all will display something different. on the 1920x1080 screen it's good on my 1366x768 is still good but the video height starts at around 100 pixel, so you have an empty space of 100 white pixels and that's ugly, and on the other screen i also have the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dennis,

First and foremost: the issue you’ve described is completely not “your own stupid fault”. It’s a well known matter that derives from Youtube and Vimeo video-player’s aspect ratio and other features.

Displaying fullscreen video background becomes more and more common, and requires a suitable solution. Let’s gather feedback from our community, in order to prioritise its development.

15. Pic follow/draft mouse

Mouse follower

Add: png center follow the mousearrow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

That’s a cool idea! Let’s hear the rest of our community insights on this one.

16. CMS user can edit in all device views

Have it so CMS users can switch between different device views. So that essentially we can create templates that only have content for mobile which can still be edited in place by the CMS user. This would be ace! You legends.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Enhancing the CMS mode abilities is not only a great idea, but also an essential feature that would benefit many users. Thanks for your insight, and let’s see how our community will respond.

17. multi-column text boxes

provide ability to make a text box have multiple columns

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Donna,

That’s a thought. Lets turn to our community for some instant feedback.

In the meantime, have you tried adjusting the table, available as part of the text element feature, to this functionality? Utilizing it can address some of your needs. We would love to hear more about your experience.

18. rss feed.

Rss feed featurs.
    Insert RSS feed on your page from other pages.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Preload photos

It would be great to have a photo pre-load plugin. When creating large modern sites with full browsers widths the photos take longer to load then the site. It would improve the UX and first impression of the site it the photos could pre-load. WP Engine has this plugin option and it works wonders.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alicia,

What a great idea! Accelerating images load time would benefit many of our users, so let’s turn to our community for some instant feedback about this one.

20. Fit to width for content area and mobile devices.

I think that there should be an option to set the width of a shape to fill content area- this would be different than the current fit to width. Instead of filling across the entire screen on the desktop version, it would only fill the content area and then when switching to mobile versions, the shapes would automatically fill to fit.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback! Enhancing our responsive features and abilities in one of our main tasks in the near future – and your suggestion will be considered as part of it.

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base