Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. pop up

Is there a way to click on an image and have a different image show up in the pop up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. German version?

Do you have any further information regarding a German version of Webydo? Thanks for the answer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We looked into adding the German language for the Webydo Studio but ran into a few issues. It was decided that only Russian, Spanish and Chinese would get added and other languages may be added in the future.

We will look into adding German in the future.

3. Renaming Images

When publishing a site through Webydo, instead of using the image file name that I've given to an image, the website changes the name to something like images8.webydo.com...

We should be able to change this so that the file name I've given gets used in the source code.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The site border (around entire browser window) available?

Hello, I'm a new starter.

I wonder if a site/body border effect achievable or not. Like this site: https://www.beoplay.com/

There's a white border around the whole site. I think it's a pretty feature.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link a Button to a file

We should be able to link a button to a file instead of only being able to link text to a file. I want my customer to be able to download a pdf file after clicking on a button I created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will look into adding the ability to upload file links to all elements within the Webydo Elements Panel.

In the meantime, we have a solution for you:

The option for link to file is only available via the text element, however there is a way around this. When using the Text Element once your file us uploaded a new URL is generated. Use this as your link with any other element!

1. Within the text-box, mark the text you would like to link and click the Link icon on the top menu.

2. Select the File option from the dropdown menu in the Link To field.

3. Choose and Upload your File
    4. Copy the URL generated for your file link
    5. Use this URL for any other element to link

6. Ability to change a menu without having to completely reformat it

If I have a vertical menu and then decide I want to change to horizontal, I have to delete my menu and then drag a new one out and reformat all my styling options again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lock Layout Button

It might be useful to introduce a lock/unlock button for every page layout (or for every item separately.)
    Once I finished my desktop version, I start modifying tablet layout, next mobile landscape and so on.
    Sometimes, when I move an item in a "smaller version" of the site, and I go back to the original (desktop) version, I notice that some items have moved. Pretty annoying, because when you put that item back in place, it moves on all the other versions as well... which is a serious loss of time!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stacked URLs

One of my clients thinks that it is amateurish to have .html at the end of URLs so I am pleased to hear this is on your Dev list.

The same client is also been quite disappointed that they can't stack URLs - as in www.website.com/software/free Is this something you could add to the dev list too, please?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Scrolling in text paragraph

some sites have so much text to be shown in limited area, where scrolling in limited area works fine

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pro Reseller Program

I am pleased with the advancements Webydo has implemented since I joined the community and I love the simplicity Webdo offers for website production.

I received an email from GoDaddy informing me that I would be a good fit for their pro reseller program which includes a GUI website builder similar to Webydo.

The annual cost to join this program is $185 and it includes all of GoDaddy services white labeled as well as a full resell portal that I can add to my site to resell all of GoDaddy services under my company brand.

GoDaddy offers full support and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Design notes per page

This suggestion is for a text element that's visible only in design views so we can record notes about Webydo tips, tricks, and/or business actions that precede or follow an update/change to the site.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Ben,
    Writing notes in the Studio will be a great addition to the workflow.
    Thanks for the suggestion, we will look into it while it gathers votes.

13. Set a username and password in Settings for the whole published site (not just individual pages)

Set a username and password in Settings for the whole published site (not just individual pages). This way the whole site can be protected and access credentials updated easily for the whole published site. Great for internal company websites where you need to control access.

(I know access to Design and Content can already be protected for the whole site)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe,
    Using password protection for a whole website is a great idea, it will save time and will be easier for maintenance.
    We will look into this while it gathers votes, thanks for the suggestion!

14. Managed user accounts to protect a whole published site.

I'd like to use Webydo for internal company websites for us and our clients and need to ensure that ex-employees of the company can no longer access published sites once they've left the company - and that it can't be accessed from the public web. It would be great if I could protect a whole published site behind a managed list of usernames and passwords. And that these credentials can be changed easily for the whole site (ie. I don't need to change passwords for each page individually) Wix has a module for this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe,
    A username system is a great idea for a development.
    Thank you for the suggestion!

15. Replace images with Media Library or upload

Would be great to replace images/background images with ”upload” or with Add from ”Media Library” direct, very useful when working with templates :)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andreas,
    Thats a great idea, uploading directly from the media library to the site presets will be a good addition to the studio.
    Thank you for your suggestion, we will look into it while it gathers votes.

16. Store Locate Mapper widget

Let your site visitors easily find your products or store locations on a map. Add Located to your site to display your locations and offer directions to your customers. Customize your map icons and manage everything in one easy-to-use format. Search for locations from a world wide database of places, Import locations from excel, Offer directions to your locations, Customize your map and its icons. Got this from http://mira-labs.net/ ( Wix is using it and it is very good )

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andreas,
    A store locator is a great idea for a new widget, we will look into it as we develop more and more widgets.
    Let’s see how many votes it gathers, thanks for the suggestion!

17. form

Field space on forms only have the option for horizontal space, not vertical. I would love to see this added.

Cheers

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, that’s a great idea, we’ll look into this while the community votes. Thanks for the suggestion!

18. I want to build website where I can offer a sign up and log in feature to my visitors.This is not the same as being discussed below.

Can you add a feature where we can have users sign up in the websites that we create and they have personal log ins and dashboards?

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    That’s a great idea, it was discussed here before but now it has it’s own post. Thank you for suggesting it. Let’s see how many votes are gathered.

19. media library

Media Library as it should be...

I expect a Media Library to be the place where I upload kind of files. If I add images, PDF or other files types I either use preloaded files from the media Library or I upload a new one and can "flag" if I want to save it to the media Library.
    As well if I have for example an new version of an image or pdf I'm used to upload it with the same name and it instantly replaces the old version. Press publish and it updates the image, file where ever it…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Roger,
    That’s an excellent idea! A way to organize your files and integrate replacements would be a great addition to the studio. We will look into this while feedback is gathered, thank you for your suggestion!

20. Button UP! We need single button up, like in wix!

Button UP! We need single button up, like in wix!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    A “back to top” button is a very interesting idea, we will look into it.
    It is possible to create this in the studio with the currents tools. There are many options, here is an example:
    - Right click a shape in the header and then “Set As Anchor Point”.
    - At the bottom of your page, add a Text Element.
    - Change the text to “back to top”.
    - Mark the whole text, and click the Link icon on the panel above the elements.
    - Choose Link to Anchor and set the Anchor and text style,

Now you have your own back to top active link. You can do this with most elements.
    We are releasing a Button Element soon and then you will have even more options.

Thank you for the suggestion

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base