Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. so many...

Hi!
    ...Wordpress... but I confess that I found Webydo very promising (if developers really engaging) ... interesting.

my suggestions:

• Slide background (full)

• Slide Strip

• Option like dropdown menu + sub

• Slide transaction effect

• Project downloadable

• Push menu

• Video background

• Full screen resp

I will start a project with Webydo ... but the platform needs to be improved

regards!

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. menu with images

Making a menu with a bunch of images sequenced - in fact you could extend it to a 'social footer' setting with a bunch of social icons (that we could choose from).

Super work fellas - you've got it right. :)

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sammer,

Thanks for the feedback

As for now, you can edit the menu fill properties.

You may use color, stroke and shadows, as well as using an image as a button.

You may also set different properties (and images) for each button state (mouse hover, selected button…)

As for using a different images for each menu button (“sequenced”), this would really bring total freedom of design.

Hopefully, this feature will gather enough votes, so it will be moved to the top of the priority list for the development team.

3. ready-made layouts for forms

would be cool to have a library of ready-made layouts for forms, right? I think it will save us time...

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. User Breakpoints

Need a user defined breakpoint where we can set manually when designing as in Adobe Reflow/Macaw. Next release of Adobe Muse will have this finally... I like Webydo so far but I am beginning to find limitations as far as true responsive design goes. The current method of choosing a specific device layout is rather old school...

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Kevin,
    User defined breakpoints is a great idea, we’ll look into it.
    Thank you for the suggestion, don’t hesitate to send us more ideas!

5. Adding sounds to our websites

Adding Sound to our websites, can we add sound to any feature on the websites such as menu options etc. A lot of my clients ask for sound in there website. Can we please make it possible to where it can happen! That would be awesome!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple Layout Sections

Currently there are only three sections (1) Head, (2) Content, & (3) Footer. Can we expand this to enable arbitrary sections?

The various fit-to features are good, but apply to whole of each of the sections, which compromises the richness of layout.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Menu Options

The menu option could be made a lot simpler.

Firstly it would be nice to see a selection of menu examples we could choose from.

Also being able to edit the gap and padding between each menu button would be great.

Finally, it would be amazing to add anchor links to the menu. One long page websites are trending a lot at the moment!

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Is it possible from my homepage, to create a pop-up slider or gallery (rather than just one window) for each of my projects? I have found

Is it possible from my homepage, to create a pop-up slider or gallery (rather than just one window) for each of my projects?

I have also found that some details could be improved. For example, when there is a pop-up window, giving the "x" out button a roll-over option to communicate to the user that the mouse is registering the "x". The same situation exists with my homepage "+" sign. When the mouse rolls over, it should change colors etc. to communicate the operation with me, much like how the "x" out sign on Firefox does as my mouse rolls…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Syndicating/linking Webydo Blog posts with Facebook fan page

I want to start posting Articles using my Webydo website, but I also would like the post to appear on my chosen Facebook fan page. There is software called Networkdblogs which allows that, but I can't seem to get it working from my Webydo site. Are you aware of this software/interface? And is what I am wanting possible?? Would love to have this sorted. It would mean Posting on my site and having those posts available to my FB and Twitter followers.

Regards.
    John

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SEO plug-in like Yoast

I have used Yoast for wordpress and it offers a really simple solution to checking your keywords are all in the right places. This would be a great tool to have within the webydo work space as it really helps google rankings.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Ella responded

Hi Louise,

Incorporating SEO tools such as Yoast plug-in is a great idea, that many of Wedydo’s users can benefit.

Let’s see what the community has to say on this one.

12. parallax Shape morphing

It would be nice to have a way to change shape of box and picture box along with the parallax animator. For example, a square changing to a rectangle as you scrool. You can see this type of thing in the beginning of this website http://www.eginstill.com/

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    That’s a very good idea, we’ll look into it.
    Thank you for the suggestion, don’t hesitate to send us more ideas!

13. Modal windows, etc. or third party Java Script Librarys

Make it possible to add modal windows linking to files, internal pages or URL's. Also accordion divs and tabs or the possibility to add third party JavaScript libraries for these type of features.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gallery: add buttons to (auto)play/pause, forward and backward.

Allow the user/viewer to control the autoplay gallery - current release does not support pause. Also be able to go next or previous image. Similar to a Google DOCS presentation.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to build website where I can offer a sign up and log in feature to my visitors.This is not the same as being discussed below.

Can you add a feature where we can have users sign up in the websites that we create and they have personal log ins and dashboards?

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    That’s a great idea, it was discussed here before but now it has it’s own post. Thank you for suggesting it. Let’s see how many votes are gathered.

16. Add any member of bigger font families

600+ fonts is one thing. But the ability to use multiple fonts from one font-family would be the real thing! Wizzards at Webydo, the google webfonts-connection you've made works like a charm, but it's just... not ready without the choice of every font from within complete families.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download a file

When uploading a file so a user can download it via right click save link as Webydo changes the name of the file when it downloads. It would be very useful to retain the file name so as not to cause confusion in communications.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FTP account

My Partner and me , we create 3Dcontent.
    We love the idea of Webydo and think about a premium account. But there is a small problem :)

Usually we share our stuff over an FTP account with our betatester.
    We sponsor also contests in different 3D forums , where we distribute to the winner the price over the FTP account.
    On our current site we offer also freeies and tutorials which the people can download direct from the site as zip file.

Will this be possible at Webydo in the near future?

( sorry fo my bad english)
    Here our…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Text box with scroll bar functionality

This functionality HAS TO BE INCLUDED AS STANDARD.

I can't believe this is not standard. I've just created a Bio page with 920+ words and the page looks ridiculous (TALL) compare to the other rest of the site.

There is no way I should be looking for an external widget to do this of BASIC, BASIC FUNCTION.

I look forward to your reply with positive anticipation.

Best regards,

GJIGGY.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Ella responded

Hi GJIGGY,

That’s a thought. Lets turn to our community to see if they agree.

20. <video> tag options (in combination with parallax)

An option i am missing which could be a simple addition to webydo is the abillity to add video ellement as easy as images. I'm not talking about simple youtube/vimeo embeddings, but seamless videos running in the background of an ellement.

for example;

http://www.warrenkoch.com/

As video is becoming increasingly important in new webdesign standards - it would be an awesome feature to be integrated (an i reckon it wont be very difficult to implement). Because of the large file sizes videos can have, i suggest you limit the videos to specific file sizes (mpeg4, avi, flv, vimeo/youtube embeds). Maybe even…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea!

Uploading videos seems like a great idea, waiting to be developed.

The way we do it here, is we need the community to up-vote it, so it will get developed before other features.

Let’s here what the community has to say about this one.

Thanks for reaching out!

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base