Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Fit to height/fit to width image option

It'd be awesome if their was an option that let you say that the greater dimension fit the shape. For instance, if I made an image shape with a 300px x 300px border, and my client dropped a portrait oriented image in, it would be 300px high x whatever wide. If my client dropped in a landscaped image, it would be 300px wide x whatever high.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the idea.

This is already available. Select the image and then. on the right properties panel, play with the “Fitting” options.

These options will remain even if you or your CMS user change the image later on.

2. Suspend or Lock down a website

Ability to suspend or lock down clients' websites directly if they are in breach of any agreement or not paying their subscription.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inserting Vimeo

Would be good to insert a Vimeo videos.

Is there a way to do that, or do I need to upload it to youtube?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to add a video from Vimeo, just grab the embed code from Vimeo, then go back to Webydo, and by using the HTML Widget, paste the embedded code.

If you want, next time you are editing your site, contact our support team via chat, and they will help online.

4. Paypal and Google Checkout

Paypal and Google Checkout supposed to be stand alone option. not with

ECwid. They charge their Fee and Paypal has their own fees. For small store owner Paypal standard is available without monthly fee.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Amee for your idea!

If you wish to use Paypal’s payment buttons for that, you may easily integrate them in your Webydo site.

Visit the links I will post here, and copy the code for your preferred purchasing button.

Then you should head back to Webydo, choose the HTML Widget and paste the code inside it.

Buttons for donations:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_donate-intro-outside

Paypal buttons for single purchases:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_singleitem-intro-outside

5. Please add wholesale pricing for web agencies!!

As a web agency that publishes at least 5 clients' websites a month we need a pricing plan that will fit our needs.

Full white label and personalized (high priority) support- will be very helpful too.

Webydo team - what do you think?

I'm sure many members of the community will support this much needed addition.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. cms url page as customer's domain, not webyso

You state: "You will also be granted with your own log-in page, displaying your own logo, so your clients will be able to log-in directly to their websites, in order to manage content, without having to go through Webydo at all. Branding is a key element for any designer. Whether you own a large company or you are a freelancer, your brand is your identity."

Absolutely agree. However for a client to log-in they still have to visit sitename.webydo.com (or whatever).

Can't we use the client's domain and provide that to client to log-in? eg theirdomain.com/cms? Seems a bit daft…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is already available.

Under the “My Branding” tab on the dashboard, there is a section called “Publish Sites Under Your Own Domain Name”.

This will allow you to connect your own domain name and publish sites under your own name.
    Instead of publishing sites under Webydo’s sub-domain like this: site123.webydo.com,
    publish your sites under your own domain, like this: site123.yourowndomain.com.

7. ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true)

It would be great (realy needed) if webydo would add „ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true)“ as setting in the google analytics code-feature.

Reason: in Germany it is ILLEGAL to use google analytics WITHOUT anonymizing customer IPs.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Already Available  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Format words within a paragraph

Webydo is wonderful. You guys are doing a great job!

One of the important features you're missing, though, is being able to format individual words within a paragraph. Right now, you can only format whole paragraphs, so if you need to make a word bold or a different color, you can't. Clients working CMS would love to be able to do this.

Please add this feature.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to have 'sticky' menus

Say you have a menu at the bottom of the browser window, when you scroll down, the menu moves up the screen then 'sticks' to the top whilst the page continues to scroll?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Themes

Adding more regularly new themes. It save alot of time having those ressources. I know there is always new theme but still not enought in my opinion.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Key missing features

1) Button Object is a must! (see Wix) a button with hover and click states (like your menu)

2) Background Video is a must (embedded and self running)

3) Background Pined-Image (so you can Paralax over it)

4) Killer feature: Activate the animation feature by a button click (not only via Paralax scroll)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for the ideas!

1. A button element is surely a must :) We have already added it to the roadmap, and it seems that it would be ready in a month or two.

2. A couple ow weeks ago, we have updated the Video element, and you may now make it fit the entire width of the screen, allowing you to place it in the background.

3. To achieve the “Background Pined-Image (so you can Paralax over it)” effect, just place a shape in the canvas, add a background image to it, and set it to “scroll with page=”no". This will do the trick.

4. Animation by click – we will add this to our “to-do” list.

Let us know if this works for you, by commenting.

Thanks!

12. External Photo Galleries

It would be outstanding for photogs, and other users, to be able to link to their Flickr and 500px accounts.
    For example maybe with Flickr you could have it so users create 'sets' of their photos and then they can link to that set and it gets pulled into Webydo Gallery.
    Or maybe you allow users to setup login/connect to their 500px and flickr accounts, and so when you go to Gallery in Webydo, there is an option there to 'upload' pictures from there.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pop-up image bigger

There's no use of having an image pop-up the same size as the original. When clicking an image and making it pop-up we should have the possibility to make it bigger.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we please control the leading of our type?

I would like to be able to set my line spacing to whatever leading I choose, such as 12/18 or 14/20 without having to return every line. I have searched and cannot find anywhere to control the leading. Am I missing something?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the name of the HTML page file

Make available to change the name of the HTML file that you generate automatically, for example when you create a blank page it will generate a file named: Page2.html (for this example).

At this moment I try to search all over where can I change the name and there is no option (as far as I see), it would be great to have it because in my case I modify the predefined about page and put other info on it and with the info really is not the aboutus.html the name that identify the content on it.

Best Regards,

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. powr.io plugin

Webydo recently introduced powr.io plugin. This is good, but can be costly as these features are not free. A few dollars here and there for each feature can add up. Webydo service itself is quote expensive and to add powr.io plugin to it. It's just becoming too expensive compared to other online web builder providers. Dont' you think?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Already Available  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Simon,
    All of POWr,IO’s widgets basic functions are free. You need to register to use them, but only use payment is for additional features, like branding removal and other functions.
    We will be releasing more and more new features like this in the near future, not just POWr.IO.
    Why don’t you tell us what you like to see in the Studio?

17. switch between desktop and mobile site

making it possible for mobile versions to switch between desktop an d mobile page.
    so that i can use image buttons for this and not only text (MOBILE | Desktop).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to change page position of "repeat on all pages" elements

For example - I would like to repeat a footer on all pages, however, some pages are longer than others and the footer needs to appear lower on the page. We need the ability to somehow "unlock" the position on individual pages and be able to move it freely without effecting other pages. We should be able to position the element where we want on each page individually - and only the CONTENT of the element changes on all repeated pages.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

When an element is repeated on all pages it appears in the same place within that layer. So if you have an element in your footer, it will appear in the same place within the footer on all pages. But the footer can change positions per page based on your contents height.

So based of what you have described, you can do exactly what you want.

Let me know if you are still having trouble!
    You can also contact support@webydo.com

Alana,
    The Webydo Team

19. Image pop-up with different thumbnail

When setting the image click to open a pop-up window, it actually opens the same image. It will be nice if we can set a different image thumbnail, for example when the image is used to present a project.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do you plan to develop a multi-language option?

In our global work many times we need multi-language support. I've unsuccessfully tried to create the one with existing functionality.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ilan,
    You may build a site with Webydo on any language you want.

You may use “Right to Left” and “Left to Right” languages.

The interface is only available in English at the moment, but we will probably make it multi-language in the future.

• Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base