Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

Join the Discussion:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Be able to select "repeat on all pages", but make specific pages an exception.

Have a header and footer repeated on all pages but make the landing/intro page an exception.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now, you can save time from manually inserting the same elements across all your pages by utilizing this feature.

Once you finish designing an element, simply right-click on it and select the “Repeat on all Pages” option. You’ll be able to select on which pages the element will appear.

This is especially useful for ‘Menu’ elements and repeating components such as copyright notices and company logos. Plus, this features is great for having the same header and footer through all pages.

• Local backups

Webydo's back-up system may be rock-solid, but it would be even more reassuring if you could perform local back-ups of your Webydo sites. While Webydo will hopefully prosper and never lose any back-ups, it would be nice to know my site is separately backed-up just in case. It seems like everyday a once promising web service is being bought out and shuttered or just simply shuts down.

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released a new feature we call “Revision History”, and it allows you to go back in time…

In the your site studio, you can now preview older versions and changes made to your website and recover the version you like best.

- Every change is auto-saved
        - Go back in time endlessly
        - See who made changes and when
        - Preview site versions before restoring

Reverting your site does not eliminate other versions – we auto-save everything for your convenience.

How to work it

1. Open the Webydo Studio
        2. Click the Revision History Icon on the top right menu to enter Revision History View Mode.
        3. Click the timestamp in the panel on the left to see previous versions and editing details.
        4. To revert your site to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.

5. Click the X icon to exit Revision History…

• Custom url for mobile adaptive version.

Fully private branding url of mobile adaptive version.

16 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Auto Save

In my experience so far, there is a real need for an Auto Save feature. Although we can press the save button, there are times when I have flipped back and forth between pages/design views and my work has gone back to the prior edits.

16 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released a new feature we call “Revision History”, and it allows you to go back in time…

In the your site studio, you can now preview older versions and changes made to your website and recover the version you like best.

- Every change is auto-saved
            - Go back in time endlessly
            - See who made changes and when
            - Preview site versions before restoring

Reverting your site does not eliminate other versions – we auto-save everything for your convenience.

How to work it

1. Open the Webydo Studio
            2. Click the Revision History Icon on the top right menu to enter Revision History View Mode.
            3. Click the timestamp in the panel on the left to see previous versions and editing details.
            4. To revert your site to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.

5. Click the X icon to exit Revision History…

• Site thumbnail

I would like to be able to upload my own thumbnails to the dashboard. if I have many sites, it would make it easier for me to tell them apart. also would be nice to be able to change the name of the websites.
            thanks

15 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just released the ability to upload your own site thumbnail.

Just click on the dashboard’s site settings icon, double click on the thumbnail and upload your own.

Regarding the ability to change the website name, this is possible. Just go to the dashboard’s site settings icon, and edit the website’s name.

• event and booking calendar

It would be great if we could have an event/booking calendar, for tourist venues/events and hotel room booking that linked up with a payment gateway (my preference is Paypal) and automatically marked the room as booked on successful payment, or where the business could specify a a max number of tickets per event and mark as sold once that number has been reached.

I operate in a region where business is predominantly tourism, so the lack of this widget limits what I can use Webydo for.

Here's an example of a non-Webydo site of mine which use a booking calendar…

15 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

We have added a new Plugin called SimplyBook.

SimplyBook is a third party plugin that lets you take bookings, manage appointments and receive payments from visitors.

The Basic functions are free. If you wish for more advanced options purchase a SimplyBook paid plan.

Enjoy!

• Favicon Possibilities

Can we add Favicons?

15 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We are very excited to announce that we have release a new “Site Presets” interface, where you can easily upload your own favicon, among other important settings.

Just click the “Site Presets” link on the top menu.

Hope you guys like it!

• More Voting Points...

I love working with Webydo, and I'm glad I've joined the community. I see you are releasing updates very rapidly.

What is a pain is the number of points you give for voting.
                  Give us more of that sweet stuff :)

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi SEG, I’m happy to update you and the community that we have just added more voting points, just like you have suggested.

To help improve the overall quality of ideas, users are given a limited number of votes.
                    We believe that unlimited votes may lead to unbalanced feedback, and we don’t want that.

Thanks for all your brilliant ideas :)

• Colour scheme options on Webydo whitelabel

I want to change the colous in the Webydo whitelabel to further brand it. My company logo clashes.

13 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Completed  ·  Ella responded

The NEW Webydo provides designers with a ‘Full White Label’ option. You can customize the system colors, add logos and present a fully branded CMS and Dashboard to your clients.

Open the Interface Branding window under the Settings menu, and adapt the Studion’s design according to your preferences.

• Text editing tools

Text editing tools like outline feature.
                      Selecting Font is time consuming. Should work like if select text and then scroll fonts , text changes according to font.
                      Also, normally All site is built with one font but I have to change fonts in each page and text box separately. Not good at all.

13 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

I wanted to let you know we have just released our new text editor.

Our robust new Text Editor offers smarter and faster text editing, accurate typography, quick styles settings and cleaner code generation, complying with the latest W3C standards.

Customizing Typography Is Now Easier Than Ever:

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

Applying Text Styles Throughout Your Website:

The new Text Styles window allows you to quickly set various typography styles. With just one click you can efficiently apply, reuse or change the text styles throughout your website.

For more info, check out the tutorial video:
                        http://participate.webydo.com/knowledgebase/articles/174197-the-text-element

• Hamburger Menu & more

Hey guys, I had read somewhere on here that you guys said you were making a mobile menu or hamburger menu for users back in on Dec 21, 2014. Did that happen yet? I personally would need that ability an option to consider using the platform for my clients. Here's some issues that I've noticed and feel need to be addressed.

For one, it seems like the way you design has to be in order and isn't seeming freeform. In other words, if I don't put a menu down first, and put a block down first that block will always…

13 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We are very happy to let you know that you can now add a custom menu suited for mobile devices.

This is what you can do:
                          Changing position, size, fill, stroke and shadow of the menu button.
                          Replacing the “Hamburger” icon with any other icon you wish.
                          Applying different attributes to the menu items.
                          Setting where the menu will appear when the icon is clicked.

To Work It:
                          Drag and drop the menu element to your canvas, and choose the “Mobile Menu” mode.

We’ll be happy to hear what you think of it, by commenting to this post.

Thanks!

• Modify all text links

Currently when you make a piece of text a link the text changes its state to blue, underlined text. You have the capability to change only the color of the text. I would like to be able to adjust all options for the link.

13 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our robust new Text Editor offers smarter and faster text editing, accurate typography, quick styles settings and cleaner code generation, complying with the latest W3C standards.

The new Text Styles window allows you to quickly set various typography styles. With just one click you can efficiently apply, reuse or change the text styles throughout your website.

For links: You may set a style for a link, and the apply it to all your site links.

• Downloadable Project +

(1) Follow Adobe Muse.......... One subscription - 2 computer usage. This way the designer and the client can better work together. If you keep your price down or as is...... you will have many clients switching over from the competition.

(2) If this is a subscription site then the clients should be able to create as much as they want without limitation within the subscription period like Adobe Muse.

(3) If you make your sites downloadable........... All will come to your service. This is the number one reason that pro designers are dumping the subscription service (No Flexibility)

11 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
                              By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
                              In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

• white label affiliate program

Happy to promote your platform to clients and build on your system but since this limits my options and I am helping you grow your company, it would be great to offer a white label affiliate program with my branding for my clients. Perhaps do a free designer account + 30% discount on the monthly / yearly fees for the life time of the clients' accounts. It's pennies for you but imagine how viral this can become. It has to be an offer that is worth moving clients from other hosting options or considering to bother with yours. I'd love…

10 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Proper typographic control of text with style sheets

I think what is missing is basic typographic control of text, being able to set things like ‘space after’ paragraph, widows, line spacing as pixels, indents etc

And to ensure consistency, Text paragraph style sheets are a must.

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

The New Text Styles Properties Panel allows you to customize typography with tools such as Text Indent, Letter Spacing, Line Height, Uppercase Paragraph Margins and more. Select your fonts from an extensive list of 600+ NEW Google Web Fonts, and easily apply colors using the new enhanced Color Picker.

• 8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • "Preset" Text Color Drop Down

Preset Text Color Drop Down Selection.

The ability to "preset" several text colors as in shape properties would be very convenient. Last generator I used actually showed last 10-15 colors used common to shapes or text that was recently used or selected (also had eyedropper if desired) and made for quick, accurate selections.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• hebrew free web fonts

There is a batch of free hebrew web fonts.

It would be amazingly helpful to add ones to Webydo font family.

http://www.chezki.co.il/free-fonts/
                                      http://freefonts.co.il/

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Every Change auto-save Interval Options

The fact that every singe click and change is saved straight away is great but I have found that unless you have a strong web connection I find that the entire systems becomes very sluggish due to it trying to save and catch up with new commands.

How about the option to set the AUTO save to every 15-30-45-60 minutes?

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out!

In the last couple of weeks, we made significant improvements to Elements’ selection and movements in the Studio.

I would really like to know if you feel the difference. Please let us know by commenting to this post.

• All text to have different colours within paragraph using new text editor.

Its annoying that this is available in the new editor!

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Feedback and Knowledge Base