Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Changing text color when the text box is selected (without having to highlight the copy)

Changing text color when the text box is selected (without having to highlight the copy)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Sivan responded

Hi Metteo,

If I understand you correctly, you want to edit the Text Element’s Paragraph Properties without double clicking the text?
    Adding the edit capabilities to the element without double clicking is a great idea, in the meantime, there are three ways of changing color in a Text Element:

1. The Design Panel – Double click anywhere in the element, it doesn’t matter what is highlighted, the whole element will change according to your edits, the Design Panel controls the whole element.
    2. The Paragraph styles window – Same way, double click the element, the panel will appear and you choose from there.
    3. The text panel, above the element – This does require double clicking and highlighting the parts of the texts you want to change because it is for detailed editing.

Thanks for the suggestion, if you have more questions or ideas please comment or write to us.

2. Mobile preview in Iphone/Android phone frame

To better see the design and how it fits on a mobile device, when in preview mode if we could select the type of phone frame to make sure certain elements show up where they need to. The phone frame should have a scroll bar or the ability to scroll as a phone would.

I've used Weebly.com and this is how their mobile preview works.Gives you a completed example so you know it looks good.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better overlay guides or grids

The current grid overlay option does not have enough settings and is not reliable enough. Often, once I have closed and then re-opened webydo, the grid will change back to the default settings. Also, it only helps with column width - i would like to be able to toggle on and off other guides.

It would be good to be able to create a template or wireframe that I can just toggle on and off, that appear on all pages so that I can make sure each of my pages are consistent in composition (like how far my head image…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Liam for the feedback.

You are definitely right, the Grid Overlay tool should have more functionality options than what it has today.

We wrote down your ideas and will take them in consideration for when we get to deal with the Grid Overlay.

More votes on your idea will surely help this being developed sooner.

Thanks!

4. CMS-user-friendly Articles page

It would be much better if a cms user writing an article wasn't constrained by the size of the text box. Ideally overflow should feed onto another page that the 'read more' link would link to and the current date is automatically added to the article. It's a lot to expect a cms-user to do - to fill in the date then write part of an article in the box, then open another page to add the rest to - not ideal

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Persistent Page Tabs

Say I've created a website with 6 pages, each represented in their own tab in the tab bar. When I log out and return to edit the site at some other time, there is only the Home tab in the tab bar. Would it be possible for page tabs present when logging out of an editing session to persist and be automatically present when logging back in to continue editing?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clicking away after changing an attribute value should be equivalent to hitting <Enter>

Let's say I have 6 text boxes and want to set their height to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 px respectively. At the moment I'd need to click on Box1, enter the height value, hit <Enter>; click on Box2, enter the height value, hit <Enter>, etc., etc..
    It would be great if I could click on Box1, enter the height value, click on Box2, enter the height value, etc., etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pages - Drag'n'Drop window to dynically expand

When I want to drag a menu to a submenu or vice-versa. the window is small and the frame cannot be expanded. so if there are many menus listed lower it cannot be easily done as a drag and drop operation, because it drops before you are in the position. An expand window button in top right corner would sure help, or it dynamically expand as new pages are added.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete multiple images in a slideshow gallery

When you add a gallery there are 5 default images in the gallery - you have to click delete 5 separate times to remove them - not efficient at all...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Highlight feature for text

There should be a way to highlight your text a certain color without making the entire textbox that color.

Also, make sure to allow the transparency of the highlighting color to be adjusted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Select all" function/shortcut + select & scroll

Simply the classic CMD-A (mac) function, where you can select ALL elements on the page.

Also, a function where you can select X amount of elements, INCLUDING elements off-screen that you have to scroll to reach.
    When doing this today (selecting and scrolling) your selection changes with the scroll and it´s totally counterproductive.

So, the ability to select individual elements from the WHOLE page (even if you have to scroll) would be great :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Date in and out

I am new to webydo (and to website creation in general) so I am not sure if you have my suggestions already or not.

I am building a personal website for renting my properties and I need a date selector in the Form so that I can know for what period I am receiving a quotation request.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resize Font/ text like resizing an image

It would just make the process quicker and smoother, in my opinion. I've worked with Microsoft Publisher and using the Word Art feature, you're able to use a corner handle and resize the font to what size you need. I think it would make formating the mobile and tablet screens easier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Nice idea.

Why don’t you try this:
    Hover with your mouse above the “Font Size” icon, and you will see that you may change the font size by dragging your mouse from left to right.

13. Parallax scaling INSIDE bounding box or with MASK

I´d like to be able to scale a picture - AND make it stay within it´s bounding box. Just like scaling in a video editor or scaling behind a mask in Photoshop.
    Right now, when scaling a picture using parallax animation it only works well if the picture is either small or is a "floating", isolated PNG or SVG.
    Scaling a conventional JPG makes the WHOLE image bigger/smaller. I´d LOVE a function where you can scale and KEEP the image WITHIN the image frame.
    Hope this makes sense, otherwise let me know :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for attachments when contacting support

Please forward to support. On Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To make your forms work also if the site is not hosted on Webydo platform.

To make your forms work also if the site is not hosted on Webydo platform.
    I think this will make it even more flexible and better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Ella responded

Hi Vafa,

Thank you for this suggestion, and let us assure you we are well aware of this issue.

Since Webydo’s forms are connected to the Webydo server, disconnecting them causes issues. To avoid it at the moment, you can simply embed a form created using one of the countless online form providers.

16. accept MO3 files as well as PDF in upload

When i try to upload ab MP3 file, i get the msg you see on attached snapshot. Some moths his worked just fine, but it does not accept MP3 files anymore.
    I suggest that this feature to be set back to its original functionality.
    Widgets does not fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow link to a file from an image

Please allow link to a file from an image. Instead of having an image and the having a line to say "click here" I would like to reach the file via the image. Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Until we add the ability to directly attache a file to an image, you may try this:

- Insert a Text Element.
    - You can either use text to create this link or remove all text and use the small image icon to insert an image into the textbox
    - Mark the text/image and select the link icon on the small menu on the top of the textbox
    - Select “link to file” and upload the file
    In the “target” section select the “pop-up” option and adjust the settings

18. Time management

Time management. Could you automatically show total time that I have been working on a project in the dashboard? I regularly switch to and fro between projects and it is troublesome to use an external app for registering time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, this is a good idea.
    We will review it.

Let’s see what the community has to say.

By the way, for each site in your Dashboard, you have the following information: “Date Created”, “Last Updated” and “Last Published”.

Try and see if for now this is helpful.

19. User authentication plugin

It is very necessary to create user's authentication plugin to the sites created on Webydo. Urgently!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is for sure very necessary. I’ve added this idea to our queue and upvoted on your behalf.

Hopefully we can get this rolled into the feature sooner than later.

Thanks for the idea!

20. MLS plugin for realtors

I would like to be able to add a box for MLS (a realtor database)

Doing this can improve Webydo's growth tremendously.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base