Participate, Vote!

Webydo is created by designers for designers. Every feature in the system is developed in order to fit your needs. Suggest new features, report bugs, and vote to prioritize which feature should be added first. Every VOTE counts.

Designers united in action, together for better!

1. Turn off pages for mobile views

The ability to hide or turn off select pages from navigation within mobile design views.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sivan responded

Hi,

Hiding certain pages of different break points is a great idea, lets see what the community thinks about this.

2. Fit to width for content area and mobile devices.

I think that there should be an option to set the width of a shape to fill content area- this would be different than the current fit to width. Instead of filling across the entire screen on the desktop version, it would only fill the content area and then when switching to mobile versions, the shapes would automatically fill to fit.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Ella responded

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback! Enhancing our responsive features and abilities in one of our main tasks in the near future – and your suggestion will be considered as part of it.

3. calendar on the form box

There should be a calendar option on the form box, so users can choose a date.. say for scheduling an appointment.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shawn,

That’s a great idea – as well as simple feature that will appeal to many of our users. Let’s turn to our community and hear what people think about this one.

4. Scrolling in text paragraph

some sites have so much text to be shown in limited area, where scrolling in limited area works fine

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Managed user accounts to protect a whole published site.

I'd like to use Webydo for internal company websites for us and our clients and need to ensure that ex-employees of the company can no longer access published sites once they've left the company - and that it can't be accessed from the public web. It would be great if I could protect a whole published site behind a managed list of usernames and passwords. And that these credentials can be changed easily for the whole site (ie. I don't need to change passwords for each page individually) Wix has a module for this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe,
    A username system is a great idea for a development.
    Thank you for the suggestion!

6. open link in new tab

I'm assigning a link to an image. I'd like target to open in a new tab. considering that we all want to keep prospective customers on the sites we're making, this seems like a universally desirable capability.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ben,
    That’s a great idea, we’ll look into it while the community votes.
    Thanks for the suggestion, keep submitting ideas!

7. CMS user can edit in all device views

Have it so CMS users can switch between different device views. So that essentially we can create templates that only have content for mobile which can still be edited in place by the CMS user. This would be ace! You legends.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Enhancing the CMS mode abilities is not only a great idea, but also an essential feature that would benefit many users. Thanks for your insight, and let’s see how our community will respond.

8. Back to Dashboard Link in Studio

I think it would be great to have a "back to dashboard" link from the design studio section of Webydo. I've been working on multiple client sites (including my own personal site) and I'd like to be able to jump easily between sites if I'm working on one page and suddenly have an idea I need to drop into another site. My current solution is to save my ideas in Evernote so I can (hopefully) remember what I intended to build at a later date.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to adjust Webydo Sub-Account access for Specific Projects

Hello,

Say I own a company where I have web designers working on my team and they are focusing on specific projects. It would be awesome if they could focus better on their specific projects by allowing the Webydo admin to restrict access to the other sites other team members are building.

Can we create a team member profile restriction of some sort?

Meaning that one member of my team only has access to building select sites while the other team member(s) have different levels of access for their projects?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Spencer,

This is a great feature, and we are considering to add it to our roadmap. Hopefully, with enough votes from our community it will get developed soon.

10. layouts for each culture

i think your website is really great and no one did what you have done on web for free i hope you keep doing this.
    my idea is this:your website is an international website and everyone can make websites in here no matter if they are in america,asia,africa,...
    so you see all these peaple have their own culture and their visitors are mostly from their own country and culture so i think it might be a good idea to make some defult layouts for every culture.
    so you can add a nationality option so every one can choose their nationality…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Internet explorer usability

Internet explorer usability. not everyone uses chrome. thanks so much...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    That’s and interesting idea. We know that currently very few users are operating on Explorer. Supporting that platform will take a lot of resources, but if the community is asking for it we will do it. Lets see how many votes are gathered.

Thanks for the suggestion, keep submitting new ideas and vote!

12. Coming soon page

I know that you can create a coming soon page, by making it the home page and not putting any links on it, and putting the actual home page on a different page name.

It would be really cool if you could just click a button to make a certain page the coming soon page, and then if you turn that off the the website goes back live again.

This would be great for clients that are not paying on time of not renewing their hosting with us on time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anton,
    A checkbox in Pages & Navigation to set a “coming soon” page is a great idea, we will look into it.

Thanks for writing to us!

13. Get Back To The Website From The Designer

Should add some navigation to "Close" the visual designer and go back to the website.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shapes as "containers"

It'd be useful to nest shapes within "container" shapes.
    This will allow shapes within the container to be side by side and sized by percentage as the window size changes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alex,

This is a great idea, and be sure we will look into it. In the meantime, let’s also see if it gets more votes and comments from the community.

15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shapes should have the same link options as any other.

When adding a link to a Shape, it should have the same options as other links pertaining to "Open in same window" and/or "Open in new window". Once someone is on the site where you want them, it shouldn't open a new window. For instance, if I have an Ecwid product that I'd like to reach by clicking on a shape, it should not open a new window.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mat,
    That’s an excellent idea, more options for links will make the site building more flexible.
    We will look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

17. Menu Roll Over Animations

It would be awesome to be able to have Rollover Animations in a menu. One example is I have a fill for the rollover and it would be cool to animate a fade in with that fill color.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    That’s a very good idea, we’ll look into it. Please give more example for more roll over effects.
    Thank you for the suggestion, don’t hesitate to send us more ideas!

18. Automatic text animation

As it now stands, the text caption animation only happened when it is triggered by mouse rollover, but it would be advantageous to be able to make it occur when the photo loads, not dependent on rollover or scrolling. There also doesn't appear to be any no documentation in the image element video or Knowledge Base to let the designer know that this is only triggered on rollover.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mike,

That’s a great idea, and it match with our plans to enlarge the availability of animations, transitions and interactions
    Regarding the lacking documentation: we are currently working on full update of the knowledge base, as well as our video tutorials, so your note is well taken.

19. Lock Layout Button

It might be useful to introduce a lock/unlock button for every page layout (or for every item separately.)
    Once I finished my desktop version, I start modifying tablet layout, next mobile landscape and so on.
    Sometimes, when I move an item in a "smaller version" of the site, and I go back to the original (desktop) version, I notice that some items have moved. Pretty annoying, because when you put that item back in place, it moves on all the other versions as well... which is a serious loss of time!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The site border (around entire browser window) available?

Hello, I'm a new starter.

I wonder if a site/body border effect achievable or not. Like this site: https://www.beoplay.com/

There's a white border around the whole site. I think it's a pretty feature.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Participate, Vote!

Categories