Join the Discussion:

Edit menu in tablet

At the moment, if i want to make any changes tot he size of the menu in the tablet to fit, it changes the menu in the desktop, so i have to have a menu that will fit the desktop and tablet at the same time.

I want to edit the size and other feature, without it affecting the desktop version.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sivan responded  · 

Hi Anton,
    Design changes on the Menu Element will effect the website across every breakpoint. The only properties that can be changed this way are Position on the X,Y, hight and width.
    To redesign the menu, you need to create a new element for each breakpoint. The correct workflow is working from the largest breakpoint (Desktop), to the smallest (Mobile portrait).
    I’ll explain:

- Create a menu for the desktop breakpoint.
    - Go to the tablet breakpoint.
    - Select the Menu.
    - In the Properties Panel, Hide the element from the desktop breakpoint.
    - Now, drag a new Menu Element to the canvas (alternately, duplicate the menu, and THEN hide the original from the desktop view).
    - Design the new menu to your needs.
    - Repeat on all breakpoints.

We are currently working on a development that will prevent design changes by mistake. we will update you as we progress.

Thank you for the suggestion.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anton,
        Design changes on the Menu Element will effect the website across every breakpoint. The only properties that can be changed this way are Position on the X,Y, hight and width.
        To redesign the menu, you need to create a new element for each breakpoint. The correct workflow is working from the largest breakpoint (Desktop), to the smallest (Mobile portrait).
        I'll explain:

- Create a menu for the desktop breakpoint.
        - Go to the tablet breakpoint.
        - Select the Menu.
        - In the Properties Panel, Hide the element from the desktop breakpoint.
        - Now, drag a new Menu Element to the canvas (alternately, duplicate the menu, and THEN hide the original from the desktop view).
        - Design the new menu to your needs.
        - Repeat on all breakpoints.

We are currently working on a development that will prevent design changes by mistake. we will update you as we progress.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base