Join the Discussion:

media library

Media Library as it should be...

I expect a Media Library to be the place where I upload kind of files. If I add images, PDF or other files types I either use preloaded files from the media Library or I upload a new one and can "flag" if I want to save it to the media Library.
As well if I have for example an new version of an image or pdf I'm used to upload it with the same name and it instantly replaces the old version. Press publish and it updates the image, file where ever it is used.
And a quite nice feature would be to show if and how many times an image/file is in use.

Daydream.jpg I active 2

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sivan responded  · 

Hi Roger,
    That’s an excellent idea! A way to organize your files and integrate replacements would be a great addition to the studio. We will look into this while feedback is gathered, thank you for your suggestion!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey James,

Thank you for this suggestion.

That's a great way to expand the use of the Media Library and it would be a great addition to the studio.

I will pass this on to our product team :)

Alana
        Head of Support

• James Barnard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ye - and to add to this ... It would be really nice to be able to source images I have already uploaded and apply them to various features that use images:

For example:
        • Hover Effects and Other Gallery Features
        • Sections
        • Replacing Existing images

All of the menu's for those features only allow you to upload new images.

It would be nice to have every feature that uses images to be able to source them from the media gallery. This would allow a designer to add all the images needed to the media gallery at once, and then source them from there when building the site.

See screen shots for a few use cases:
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y9vynrzzfthpu8/AAAo4PXoH2OEfmLFcl1IU_A-a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y9vynrzzfthpu8/AAAo4PXoH2OEfmLFcl1IU_A-a?dl=0

• AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Roger,
        That’s an excellent idea! A way to organize your files and integrate replacements would be a great addition to the studio. We will look into this while feedback is gathered, thank you for your suggestion!

Feedback and Knowledge Base