Join the Discussion:

powr.io plugin

Webydo recently introduced powr.io plugin. This is good, but can be costly as these features are not free. A few dollars here and there for each feature can add up. Webydo service itself is quote expensive and to add powr.io plugin to it. It's just becoming too expensive compared to other online web builder providers. Dont' you think?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Already Available  ·  Sivan responded  · 

Hi Simon,
    All of POWr,IO’s widgets basic functions are free. You need to register to use them, but only use payment is for additional features, like branding removal and other functions.
    We will be releasing more and more new features like this in the near future, not just POWr.IO.
    Why don’t you tell us what you like to see in the Studio?

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey
        I would like to see a API for repeatable elements and content. So I could use the Single Content API and call on an external API for let's say some text and the returned text can then be called for and inserted into the website. Here you should be able to set some cache options for how often that singular content will be fetched and also you should have support for getting content returned as JSON and then you must have support to get the correct element, like content.title will get the title element in the json result and will insert the text inside the title element.

Then for Repeatable Content API it works the same, you define cache and linking options where to use the elements returned by ANY json comptatible API.

If you would make this API go live it would kick *** with WIX, Duda One, WordPress and all others. And you could connect your website to anything like Google Docs, Google Sheets or anything through like Zapier and make that deliver the content as JSON to your engine.

Best of two worlds, design for pros and possibilities beyond imagination.

• Gila Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also wish some of the feature Powr provide could be made by Webydo so we don't have to pay to remove the branding. I personally don't like the Powr stuff at all, think it looks very cheap and tacky.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't quite like the idea of having Powr.io brand there either. Yes, the paid service to remove brand can be expensive, worth it? not really. Love to see what plugins webydo can implement.

• AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

POWr.IO widgets were just part of a larger release of new widget elements. You don't have to use POWr.IO if you are dissatisfied with the branding, soon we will have new button elements, really useful plugins and many more new types of different items.
        We would love it if you stick with us to see it all happen.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good my friend. I would have thought to have POWr.IO's branding even for the basic/free feature within webydo site is not so professional, right. Webydo seems a very good standalone provider, now to have another branding within, it just looks a bit cheap. I thought, at least these sort of features should be a build-in features within webydo. What do you say? I like to use webydo.

• AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Simon,
        All of POWr,IO's widgets basic functions are free. You need to register to use them, but only use payment is for additional features, like branding removal and other functions.
        We will be releasing more and more new features like this in the near future, not just POWr.IO.
        Why don't you tell us what you like to see in the Studio?

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Webydo has come a long way, but they still don't have a lot of add-on features - work on it guys.

Feedback and Knowledge Base