Join the Discussion:

event and booking calendar

It would be great if we could have an event/booking calendar, for tourist venues/events and hotel room booking that linked up with a payment gateway (my preference is Paypal) and automatically marked the room as booked on successful payment, or where the business could specify a a max number of tickets per event and mark as sold once that number has been reached.

I operate in a region where business is predominantly tourism, so the lack of this widget limits what I can use Webydo for.

Here's an example of a non-Webydo site of mine which use a booking calendar like this http://devon-lodge-holidays.com/lodges/booking-forms/book/bluebells although even this could be improved upon for the client and the site visitor.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

Hi David,

We have added a new Plugin called SimplyBook.

SimplyBook is a third party plugin that lets you take bookings, manage appointments and receive payments from visitors.

The Basic functions are free. If you wish for more advanced options purchase a SimplyBook paid plan.

Enjoy!

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SimplyBook is okay if you want take hourly bookings (say for a hairdresser), as it works in hourly units ONLY and has NO OPTION FOR DAYS. So even with their workaround, which confusingly for the end-user displays one hour per day, you can't block book a venue and pay for group of days or weeks. So for example if your customer wanted to book 7 days, they'd have to go through the whole booking and payment process 7 times.

• AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi David,
        That’s a great idea, we actually have something similar in development – a booking widget.
        It is planned for release in the next few weeks, we’ll keep you updated, thanks for the suggestion!

Feedback and Knowledge Base