Join the Discussion:

Make shape boxes editable in CMS

I have a genuine design problem when it comes to designing for the customers CMS, because if I use a coloured shaped box as background with text and images on top and then the customer changes the text to add a lot more text than I have allowed for, then the text will stick over the outside of the non-editable (in CMS) coloured shape area beneath.

So I either have to give my customer access to the DMS studio, which I don’t necessarily want to do, or I have to edit the page for them so it looks good, which makes the CMS a bit pointless. Or otherwise I have to create VERY basic designs and then I might as well use other template cheaper platforms.

Surely it can’t be that difficult to make shape boxes editable as well? And while you’re at it, can you also add the Non-Editable tick box in the Properties panel please, like the other apps, for those times when we don’t want the shape box to be editable?

(Please see attached screenshot, to see what I mean)

Thanks

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

Hi, we are currently working on a connection between text and shapes, to make the shapes grow/shrink with the text.

We will update you when it’s ready.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's actually pretty simple.
        If the text is above a shape and the text grows, the shape also grows.
        You don't have to do anything, and the content manager doesn't have to do anything either.

And it doesn't just grow, it also pushes everything beneath it relatively, and it happens in every breakpoint as well.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's great, but why so technical, which will take time and we could do with this functionality now please?

Surely it can't be that hard just to make the drag handles active? That's all we need. Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base