Join the Discussion:

Multiple CMS Users

I really need to have more than one CMS user per site. I'd like to have one CMS user able to access Design Mode while others can only update text (Content mode). This is a huge problem for my customers.

I understand the problem with multiple logins is that two users can't be in the site at the same time or history, etc would be messed up. But maybe something could be set up so when one user is in the site another trying to login would get a message saying "Please login later, another user is currently updating..."?

Along with this, we'd need a panel that shows the administrator all the CMS users & their login info so individuals users could be managed (removed, added, access levels, etc.)

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

Having multiple CMS users is a very important ability to have.

We totally agree with that and with the fact that more control is needed over CMS permissions and management.

We do plan to bring many updates regarding CMS management, but this will take some time to get into development, because there are other features with a higher level of priority.

We’ll keep you updated with any news regarding this.

Thanks for the idea and the votes.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to this idea? Two years ago it was entering development. Is it still going to happen?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need to have more than one CMS user per site. I'd like to have one CMS user able to access limited design mode while others can only update text (Content mode). This is a huge problem for my customers.

I understand the problem with multiple logins is that two users can't be in the site at the same time or history, etc would be messed up. But maybe something could be set up so when one user is in the site another trying to login would get a message saying "Please login later, another user is currently updating..."?

• Anton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be more flexible if you could deselect the pages they were not allowed to change by the top level user such as the director and the star could for example only add articles or update a couple other pages.

• Anton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have different staff permission levels of what they can edit.
        So maybe a certain member can only add articles, or edit a certain page, and the director can edit everything I have selected for CMS editing.

• Michael S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I have more websites with CMS access, it is important to take turns with access. I give them an hour a day. It would be great if we could see which CMS is logged in and manage it.

Trying to log in the to the studio gives the error I attach until they log out. Support tells me only one to log in at a time. As my agency builds this is getting harder to do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base