Join the Discussion:

Make Shapes editable in CMS

It would be useful if CMS users could edit images and colours within the Shape element and not JUST DMS users. ...Or for that matter it would be good if they could edit any aspect of this element.

After all, if we don't want them to able to do this to maintain the integrity of the design, then we still have the option to tick the box to make it non-editable on the Properties Panel, so can't understand why Webydo haven't made it editable in CMS???

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

Hi David,
    You are able to provide you CMS with full design abilities, in order to be able to edit the site just like a DMS can.

In the Dashboard, click the settings icon, and select the CMS tab. Choose “Full Design Abilities”.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But that's effectively giving the customer DMS and not CMS, ...and I don't want to give them that much control over the apps or the design.

But I don't think it's unreasonable or can't be that difficult, to allow "CMS users" to have access to the grab handle on shapes to extend say a background coloured box, if they for example add lots more text than originally allowed in the design, so that the text which looked good sitting inside a coloured box doesn't hang over, extending beyond the boundary of the background box and therefore spoiling the integrity of the design. After all, if as the designer we didn't want them to alter the shape we can lock it to stop them, can't we?

So this function is not "Already available" is it? I'd appreciate it, as I'm sure many other would, if you could give this request your serious consideration.

Many thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base