Link a Button to a file
We should be able to link a button to a file instead of only being able to link text to a file. I want my customer to be able to download a pdf file after clicking on a button I created.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will look into adding the ability to upload file links to all elements within the Webydo Elements Panel.
In the meantime, we have a solution for you:
The option for link to file is only available via the text element, however there is a way around this. When using the Text Element once your file us uploaded a new URL is generated. Use this as your link with any other element!
1. Within the text-box, mark the text you would like to link and click the Link icon on the top menu.
2. Select the File option from the dropdown menu in the Link To field.
3. Choose and Upload your File
4. Copy the URL generated for your file link
5. Use this URL for any other element to link
AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented
Once files are uploaded to the Webydo server (from linking it to text) it's converted into a URL.
You can then use this URL to link to any element in Webydo - including buttons.
Check out our help article for more info: http://knowledgebase.webydo.com/links/link-to-file-download