Join the Discussion:

I would like to see "Inserts" of social media buttons...and maybe add some default icons fror twitter, facebook and google+

It would save me some time with the widgets.
thanks!

284 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cosmin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Sivan responded  · 

Hi everyone,

We are happy to let you know that social media buttons are now available.
    You can access them from the Elements Panel on the left. Just drag and drop them onto the canvas, adjust the settings in the panels on the right and publish.
    Tell us what you think and stay tuned for future releases.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone,

We are happy to let you know that social media buttons are now available.
        You can access them from the Elements Panel on the left. Just drag and drop them onto the canvas, adjust the settings in the panels on the right and publish.
        Tell us what you think and stay tuned for future releases.

• kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I absolutely want an insert social media buttons option. Much more stream lined.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed! And also the option to upload an icon or image for the button as I have versions I want to implement rather than the stock blue button for Fb for example.

A simple, 'share button for [social media]' option with maybe a couple of icons to choose from or upload option for custom icons. This is currently lacking in the 'Articles' element as I would really like to include a set of custom share buttons for each blog post.

I'm used to working with a different online editor, and what they do really well (not mentioning the things they dont do well) is implement al kinds of widgets, most importantly of all: social widgets, in just a few clicks i can add all the social buttons i want (facebook twitter pinterest), and set them up in the editor, no messing around with code. i can switch between different looks etc...

• bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The use of the widget is not that precise and is not consistent with all the web browsers. Other issue is that is not possible (so far) insert just the "share" button due this requeres some java code that facebook gives you but i havent find the way to embed or use that code. And remember the "share" button should "share" and specific "item". And At last what about personalization of the button?

• nanno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want a simpler way of adding SocialMedia to WebyDO pages - not copy/pasting HTML

Agree with anonymous and graham. The reason I'm looking at your interface instead of giving it to our web programmers is because I'm not a web programmer. I have no idea how to "grab the widget code" and it just seems like a big time-suck, to go around to each of the social media sites and figure out where this widget code is and how to get it. I will continue my Webydo preview ... it has a lot of nice features, but this could be my dealbreaker. I could be back to wordpress.

No, I think need something more specific here, particularly with facebook likes.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give a few options for icons so that designers can choose one that suits them best.

Feedback and Knowledge Base