Join the Discussion:

Responsiveness

This is an awesome free product, its about time someone cerated something like this so well done!! I've only just discovered this so I havent used it yet but would like to.

However, I have a question, does it create responsive code? You say that the code will be cross-browser compatible but does it create code with media queries so that it reconfigures on any device?

If not then you need to address that issue since more and more people will be viewing websites purely on mobile devices instead of laptops.

If it does then great!...but I haven't seen that demonstrated in any of the presentation videos.

Thanks,

Marc

472 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sebastián BórquezSebastián Bórquez shared a merged idea: RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: RESPONSIVE LAYOUTS FOR ANDROID AND APPLE TABLETS / SMARTPHONE OS.  ·   · 
    Completed - Closed Beta  ·  AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) responded  · 

We’re happy to announce that all websites created with Webydo are now able to have a mobile and tablet responsive version.

With a click of a button, your site will now be converted and optimize for any mobile device. Webydo automatically gathers the content from your site, re-organizes it for the different devices and creates a whole new responsive website.

This means that if you choose to have a mobile version of your site, when someone visits your website from a mobile device, they are automatically shown the mobile version.

The brand new mobile/tablet editor is now available for all users!

With the new editor, you can fine tune your mobile/tablet version using the various customization options. These options allow you to change the scale of items, move features around, hide content and change the overall design of the mobile/tablet website, to provide as great an experience on mobile as possible.

Keep editing content from just one place!

Changes made by the CMS users to the content on the desktop version of these sites are reflected within the mobile versions as well.
    This means that your content manager will continue editing the site as he always did.

The mobile editor is now available in beta mode. So please, feel free to send us as much feedback as you can, so we can continue to add more features to it.

Hope you will like it!

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AugustoAugusto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best product for responsive websites without having to do ANYTHING additional is Sitemaker, they are now HTML5!

If Webydo was able to do the same will be very successful platform, because looks that right now is able to do everything else just GREAT!.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The website I am working with is responsive to both tablet and mobile which is nice – BUT – it isn't responsive when viewed on certain laptops with different screen dimensions which is a shame – is there anyway round this?

• eleonoraeleonora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the programme is fantastic..but I have a question..why my toolbar sometimes disappears? I don't know how I can do..please help me..

• JMbJMb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to see this, not the mobile conversion tool which needs tweaking (actually didnt work when i published and looked at the site on mobile, no background?)

What I'd love is fully responsive layouts that scale and reposition images and text when the browser window is reduced in size (i.e and therefore on a tablet mobile). I'm reliably informed something such is on its way? hope that's true!

Keep up the excellent work webydo :)

• TinaTina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not see anything on the site that allows me to edit the site for mobile users/or indicating responsive design. I have just tested it on a mobile device and the site seems cut off... How do I fix this issue?

-Tina

• Crystal VCrystal V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will it be possible to add the ability to use webydo widgets on the mobile versions such as calendars or music?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Webydo Amdin; I completely agree with Leach Jaiden. I tested the responsive mobile and tablet version in a 5 " android mobile with firefox and doesn't work. Instead It's works with the default navigator app. I think that the mistake is about not declaring <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0"> in <head>

There are so many different devices with different resolutions and screen sizes. I think that use the media queries based on diferent resolutions is the best solution. I would like to see what happens with differents resolutions using responsinator or the web developer toolbar that can resize the window to responsive layouts

• thomasthomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How close are you to adding responive features to Webydo? So looking forward to this..

Thanks
        Thomas

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please add responsive design, it seems webydo can do everything but this! It's such an important and in demand feature.

thanks

anna

• AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marco, you have no idea how close we are to release this feature...

We are supposed to release it two weeks from today, but I have a feeling it will be much, much sooner...

By the way, this should be available to sites already created, so it shouldn't stop you from starting a new site.

• MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, can I ask how long does this feature takes to be released?
        I love webydo's interface but the missing of this feature sometime forces me to use other platform like squarespace to build my clients website.
        An improvement to the gallery tool would be appreciated as well (e.g. vertical and horizontal galleries are very useful for portfolios websites)

Please give me a feedback to better plan my activities with my clients.

Best,
        Marco

• DrayDray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excited for this!
        I know there have been several changes as to when this should be released. Any more solid estimate now?

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nir,

Could you provide the community with an update on where you guys are at with releasing responsive designs?

I agree with the others that it's essential.

You have a great product!!

thanks, mike :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base