Join the Discussion:

Built-in Blog

You guys have a concept here that I couldn't be happier to find. Complete free reign of creative appearance very similar to Photoshop, but for building and designing websites.

Now for my suggestions...

A built-in blog feature that allows for retroactive posting (choose date stamp to "import" previous posts) and can be incorporated into the site's search abilities, And a search bar that can be set to work with the content found throughout the website.

More to follow I'm sure...

381 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MelissaMelissa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: More meta data in Articles  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Blog like any other blog services  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Auto Create Blog Pages  ·   · 
    AidyAidy shared a merged idea: We need a dynamic blog page where visitor can comment with the option for CMS users can monitor and edit entries  ·   · 
    merav hayamerav haya shared a merged idea: add a blog  ·   · 
    merav hayamerav haya shared a merged idea: add a blog  ·   · 

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Articles are a big part for great SEO . advanced articles will encourage , blog writers to give wordpress up.
        All this can be of cource be used in all pages as well :)

• Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

author, date, Tags! When you click on tags, it takes you to a new page with all articles with same tag. When you click on Author, to all Author's articles. When you click on year - you get all the articles from that year, and same with the month

• jochem luytensjochem luytens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The articles feature is awesome. But I'm having issues with its responsiveness. At first I used an article area and I could only position it in 1 view. If i changed it in a different view then it will change everywhere. So I replaced the article element with shapes and text. Same size and structure. Here I could make changes in 1 view without letting it float around in a different view.

Perhaps this is something you can check out?

• RubenRuben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add blog feature or update article feature.

We are loosing it from WordPress sites at the moment.
        - Every blog be a separate page with unique URL: www.mycompany.com/blogaboutwhatever/ (so that google will optimize the page as a search result, the biggest reason why people want to blog)
        - Feed feature for the home page: latest news: Title + a bit of text an 'read more'. If the blog is RSS, than that option is also done for other newsfeeds
        - Social Media integration. When you've written a blog you want to share it with your audience. Also you want visitors to share it. In 'articles' you can not add extra options, only delete it.

When you update 'articles' please add video possibility or add other things. Also the responsiveness is not great. When you adjust the article on the mobile version, the desktop version changes as well.

• Raj ZaveryRaj Zavery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if the blog automatically integrated the "articles" already created in a seamless way - not critical however, better to have a top performing blog facility then suffering a bit of inconvenience adding in old articles later. Any timescale please for the blogging feature.

• Raj ZaveryRaj Zavery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important that each post has seo facility as any other page. We all know how google loves fresh content and this is one easy way of doing this provided we help google "find" our new content easily

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, along with being able to select/input elements which you can then set to repeat on all articles when new ones are created instead of manually doing it every time, as at the moment the client has to rely on the designer to make the changes or has to learn how to do it themselves.

• alanaalana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Peter and Mike,

Allowing clients to comment or post blog posts is not possible with the articles element. However you can easily add in a comment widget like we have on our blog page.

If you prefer Wordpress blogs, you can also embed that using the widget element.

Alana,
        The Webydo Team

• alanaalana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I don't have an update quite yet. But as soon as we do we will let you know :)

Alana,
        The Webydo Team

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do other people access the articles (blog) to post comments? I guess they can't yet? So really the blog function is just a series of posted articles by the person(s) who have access to the CMS and, of course, the site creator. Is there a way of allowing customers/clients to post onto the blog too?

• Mike PetersonMike Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really enjoy Webydo. However, without a legitimate blog system, Wordpress is probably the easiest choice for many businesses. The "articles" element is a hollow design aspect without any real blog functionalities. Many times, CMS users would like to update the latest blog entry, and nothing else. But to create a separate page and type everything from scratch there, is time-consuming. Have a blog-manager where you separately type in your latest posts, which also shows all your blog articles. Homestead.com, although it's web design platform is very amateur, at the least has it's own blog mechanism. If unable to achieve this, I'd recommend a Wordpress plug-in (not just connecting subdomain) in a similar fashion as that e-commerce store here. You could have a "read more" button that either takes you to another page or pops up (which would be really nice). Thank you!

• Joseph ErnstJoseph Ernst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To quote Amanda: "The "articles" element is a start, but without the ability to have it be a true summary page that has each teaser actually link to another page with the full article, it's not a true blog yet. Having to separately create blog pages without any auto-archiving makes it feel not quite ready. Please keep working on this so it's more functional!"

Any status updates here?

Instead of having to manually create a new page and add a "Read More" link to each article entry, it would be great if blog entries could automatically be created as new pages. This way clients can easily add their own entries in the CMS without confusion and the designers assistance.

Amanda is completely right. To have to create a new page for every single blog entry and link it to the "Articles" section isn't exactly intuitive for the clients that would be using the feature in the CMS. It's overly complex. Both designers and clients should be able to write all the content at once and then pick a split mark for the summary.

I understand that figuring out the best way of auto creating the pages for the content and disqus comments section could be a very difficult undertaking but it's the only way to make an actual feature. However, I think the results would bring in some new customers on the fence about what visual design tool to pick.

• Anna - Webydo Support ManagerAnna - Webydo Support Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Guys.
        We are looking into comment integration within Webydo but for now there's a simple solution using an embedded feature.
        You can embed disqus : https://disqus.com/
        It's a great and simple comments system that's easily integrated in Webydo.

Thanks
        Anna

• MaggyMaggy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm frustrated by the Articles feature. I see that you have created your own excellent blog at www.webydo.com/blog/ and your chat person told me it was created with Webydo, however, this functionality seems to be unavailable in Webydo for users. I seen Amanda's post below, and that's what is needed. Status of this? Or should I try to get a WordPress blog plug in? Is that possible?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base