Join the Discussion:

Built-in Blog

You guys have a concept here that I couldn't be happier to find. Complete free reign of creative appearance very similar to Photoshop, but for building and designing websites. I've tried to keep up to date with my knowledge of HTML and CSS, but I just don't have the time to code and debug my own websites anymore while still being productive helping my clients. So thank you for this platform and for the ability to beta test it. :)

Now for my suggestions...

A search bar that can be set to work with the content found throughout the website. And a built-in blog feature that allows for retroactive posting (choose date stamp to "import" previous posts) and can be incorporated into the site's search abilities.

More to follow I'm sure...

239 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MelissaMelissa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    merav hayamerav haya shared a merged idea: add a blog  ·   · 
    merav hayamerav haya shared a merged idea: add a blog  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) responded  · 

I want to introduce you to our newest feature we like to call “Articles”.

Articles is a feature for creating repetitive based elements, such as blog posts, product collections, news feeds, and many more.

With Articles, designers are now able to design a template that will allow the content manager to add new posts on their own.
    Every new post created will follow the same design format as the other posts.

Feel free to try it out by clicking on the Articles icon in Webydo studio’s main menu.

Ongoing Development:

The Articles feature development process is an ongoing process based on our designer ’s community experience, focused on quick responses to feedback and continuous development. The Articles feature will have several updates in the near future. These updates will be based on your feedback.

We’re waiting to hear your feedback – tell us what you think!

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amanda is completely right. To have to create a new page for every single blog entry and link it to the "Articles" section isn't exactly intuitive for the clients that would be using the feature in the CMS. It's overly complex. Both designers and clients should be able to write all the content at once and then pick a split mark for the summary.

I understand that figuring out the best way of auto creating the pages for the content and disqus comments section could be a very difficult undertaking but it's the only way to make an actual feature. However, I think the results would bring in some new customers on the fence about what visual design tool to pick.

• MaggyMaggy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm frustrated by the Articles feature. I see that you have created your own excellent blog at www.webydo.com/blog/ and your chat person told me it was created with Webydo, however, this functionality seems to be unavailable in Webydo for users. I seen Amanda's post below, and that's what is needed. Status of this? Or should I try to get a WordPress blog plug in? Is that possible?

• Anna - Webydo Support ManagerAnna - Webydo Support Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Amanda, thank you for your comment.
        I'll make sure to pass in on to Nir , our product manager.
        Any ideas on improving Webydo's features are always welcome.

Thanks
        Anna

• Amanda WAmanda W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "articles" element is a start, but without the ability to have it be a true summary page that has each teaser actually link to another page with the full article, it's not a true blog yet. Having to separately create blog pages without any auto-archiving makes it feel not quite ready. Please keep working on this so it's more functional! :)

• Courtney RogersCourtney Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The articles need to be a little dynamic so that we can display them on a "blog" page then display a "widget" on the homepage that navigates to them. The current version should allow each article to be as big as it needs to be and push the last article down to create the blog format we want on a blog page.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echo this. Managing content is key to any website these days. The blog feature needs to include social media integration, ideally allow comments, and be easy for CMS users to administrate new content.

Hi there, yes definitely need some more features and "like" option integrated and widgets and customization. I would really prefer to switch over all my clients onto webydo but need the blog to be very slick and easy ;P Looking fwd to your input, you guys rock!

• AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wanted to let you know we are currently working some new enhancements for the "Articles" element based on the community's feedback.

I hope it will be ready soon and hopefully you will like it as much as do.

• CaseyCasey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the blog feature but I think it can be elevated by allowing each article/blog post to be tagged using keywords that can then be linked to other pages on the site or searched for in a search box (if that gets integrated).

This designer-friendly site is sure to attract bloggers from wordpress, blogspot, etc. (which make customizing html frustrating) so making the articles feature more like those sites will bring in more webydoers!

This is great but I really need to be able to embed widgets otherwise it's not much use to me.

• TinaTina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, What about scolling ability within each post that would allow the designer to add a long blogpost that will not get cut off.

• ShawnShawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is the BLOG feature launching? Very interested in this feature.

• CareyCarey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm waiting on this feature before I create and release a site on this platform. This is needed for getting the site index and creating more traffic. Thanks for putting this as a top feature!

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really looking forward to the blogging feature. As one of the first sites I will be designing on Webydo, I am looking forward to migrating it over
        from the Blogger platform. Any idea on release date?

• AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the encouragements guys!

The blog feature is in the last QA (quality assurance) stages.
        We want to release it in top shape, so we are testing it and getting rid of all the bugs.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

• J.J.J.J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only encourage you to put the blog feature at the top of your must-do list. I would encourage you to look at the one offered by Weebly, which is good, functional, and allows for pre-dating old posts published either on e-mail lists or groups. The one offered by Wix is weak in comparison. Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base