Join the Discussion:

Visitor Signup & Login

Allow website visitors to signup for the site with an email and password giving them access to "members-only" pages or content. These emails could then be pulled into a database to allow the creation of email newsletters.

824 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RogerRoger shared a merged idea: CUG - Closed User Group  ·   · 
    Philip YuPhilip Yu shared a merged idea: A Working Log-In Feature For Questions And Answer  ·   · 
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: Restricted Area - LOGIN  ·   · 
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: Restricted Area - LOGIN  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple Secure Zones  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: Registered pages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: A Login ability and a search bar  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  SivanSivan responded  · 

Hi everyone,

We want to let you know that we have a new feature: Page Visibility.

This new feature lets you control the visibility of each page on your website.
    In the Webydo Studio, you can define any page as public, private or password protected.

Public: visible to everyone (default setting).
    Private: visible only in the Webydo Studio.
    Password Protected: visible only upon entering a username and password (these values remain the same regardless of page).

How It Works:
    Go to the Pages & Navigation window.
    Choose the page you wish to edit.
    Click the Settings Icon.
    Under Visibility choose: Public, Private or Password Protected (for this option you must enter a username and password).
    Click OK and Publish.

Thank you for the feedback, if you have more questions please contact our support team.

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SivanAdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand, that a great idea, you should suggest it on a different post so it gathers individual votes. I'm sure it will be very popular and will affect future development.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sivan,

Yes, I'm only talking about login page for "Password Protected" pages.

For example: currently my client is a fitness Personal Trainer and he has Password Protected pages for his individual personal training clients, for which they can only login to their training pages by typing the website www.domain/clients_name.html

It would be easier if they could get access to their individual training page by clicking on a link that takes to them to a username and password login page and ideally with my clients website logo above it.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer?

Hi Sivan,

Yes, I'm only talking about login page for "Password Protected" pages.

For example: currently my client is a fitness Personal Trainer and he has Password Protected pages for his individual personal training clients, for which they can only login to their training pages by the website www.domain/clients_name.html

It would be easier if they could get access to their individual training page by clicking on a link that takes to them to a username and password login page and ideally with my clients website logo above it.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer?

• SivanAdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi David let's clarify:
        You would like the option to design the login page for "Password Protected" pages?

Would you please explain more about the second part? Are you referring to the CMS user or site visitors? Site visitors need only the URL for your published site and they will be taken to the login page, if one is set.

Hi, this is a fantastic addition, but would it be difficult to add a generic login/sign-up form (or a link to one) like the Webydo unbranded dashboard sign-in where our client could add their website logo's?

It's a bit clumsy asking a customer to remember their individual login URL just to get to the login page, not to mention work intensive if the site owner is looking to grow a large database of members.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice, but I want users to create their own user profile if wanted.

• Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys! This is great! Thank you very much! Congratulations!

Do you also going to do the possibility for every user to get his own user name + password? and not just one user + password that is the same for everyone?

This is fantastic news, thanks guys. But could we have one little addition please, the ability for people to log-out as well, as this is especially important if people are using non-secure public computers?

When is this planned for please? I was promised that it would be happen in June with the launch of V8, or the very least shortly certainly shortly after the launch July/Aug and I have a client waiting to add this functionality to his site.

Thanks David

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to set-up password protected areas. As well I am looking for solutions that visitor can register themselve with there own username/password or using there facebook account.

When is this coming please - can we have an anticipated date? I have a customer that needs this NOW for his client pages.

• Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@nir your 'Just an idea' was not clear to me 100%.

also the 'members-only' section should be under the
        user name password, all the time

so that people can not forward the link.
        and can get into it anytime they want.
        if for example i sell video cource!

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is important to add a commerce feature option to this as well. Pay a fee and then have the member area unlocked.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base