Join the Discussion:

Visitor Signup & Login

Allow website visitors to signup for the site with an email and password giving them access to "members-only" pages or content. These emails could then be pulled into a database to allow the creation of email newsletters.

534 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Philip YuPhilip Yu shared a merged idea: A Working Log-In Feature For Questions And Answer  ·   · 
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: Restricted Area - LOGIN  ·   · 
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: Restricted Area - LOGIN  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple Secure Zones  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: Registered pages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: A Login ability and a search bar  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is important to add a commerce feature option to this as well. Pay a fee and then have the member area unlocked.

• alanaalana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your comments.

We are working very hard to get this feature ready for you.

Check back for updates, and we will let you know once it's ready!

Alana,
        The Webydo Team

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have clients who need this feature. At this time I am using another solution but I would love to be able to use Webydo for all accounts.

• CaesarCaesar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important clients will eventually request a feature that has a secure portal... some sort of employee, or members area.

I know this because my 3 main accounts want a solution and I am not sure how to go about it

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute MUST have. The start of development was around August are we able to get an update please?

• StevenSteven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this coming onboard soon. Ironically enough just been in discussion with a client regarding this today.....
        Keep us posted, thanks.

I am disappointed that this feature has been sitting seemingly idle for 8 months (and it's been 18 months since the first request). I had to build 2 sites over the weekend but could not consider Webydo. Why? Because it does not offer password protected pages yet. C'mon guys, it's a must have for a lot of folks!

Please?

Hendrik

I believe password protection and access to "controlled" content can be achieved if a feature rich blog is added within a widget. That's my work-around for today. DK

• Amanda WAmanda W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to password protect the site page-by-page with the same password unlocking just those pages. Once a person enters in the password, they have access to the "member" content without having to have their own login.

• Olivia - Webydo TeamOlivia - Webydo Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Derby,

You can use the form tool to allow users to sign up for a newsletter, however at the moment Webydo does not incorporate databases so it will have to be edited manually.

In terms of password protected pages, this is due in 8-10 weeks!

:)

• Derby Stewart-AmsdenDerby Stewart-Amsden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love it if you just add a form that allowed visitors to sign up for my newsletter. I already have a mailing list of 700 + people who simply want to keep in touch. It would be marvellous to be able to add my existing list to a database on webydo, which can then be expanded as new people sign in their full name and email. It would

Do we have a time frame on completion of this function, it is just what I've been looking for for my website but I really need this functionality soon.

• NewmanNewman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This is one of the most important functions to developing a useful website. There isn't an online website builder out there that is focused on design and membership functions. It's either one or the other.

• DCWDCW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really excited based on your hype/marketing only to discover, having submitted my own request for this issue, that this isn't even provided as a basic functionality yet while being promised for several months is extremely disappointing. Great concept but typical fail by hyping a tool that obviously isn't ready for afternoon programming let alone prime time.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base