Join the Discussion:

Visitor Signup & Login

Allow website visitors to signup for the site with an email and password giving them access to "members-only" pages or content. These emails could then be pulled into a database to allow the creation of email newsletters.

416 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: Restricted Area - LOGIN  ·   · 
    Marianna ZhovtisMarianna Zhovtis shared a merged idea: Restricted Area - LOGIN  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple Secure Zones  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: Registered pages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: A Login ability and a search bar  ·   · 

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • THE DOUGLAS AGENCYTHE DOUGLAS AGENCY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe password protection and access to "controlled" content can be achieved if a feature rich blog is added within a widget. That's my work-around for today. DK

• Amanda WAmanda W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to password protect the site page-by-page with the same password unlocking just those pages. Once a person enters in the password, they have access to the "member" content without having to have their own login.

• Olivia - Webydo TeamOlivia - Webydo Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Derby,

You can use the form tool to allow users to sign up for a newsletter, however at the moment Webydo does not incorporate databases so it will have to be edited manually.

In terms of password protected pages, this is due in 8-10 weeks!

:)

• Derby Stewart-AmsdenDerby Stewart-Amsden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love it if you just add a form that allowed visitors to sign up for my newsletter. I already have a mailing list of 700 + people who simply want to keep in touch. It would be marvellous to be able to add my existing list to a database on webydo, which can then be expanded as new people sign in their full name and email. It would

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have a time frame on completion of this function, it is just what I've been looking for for my website but I really need this functionality soon.

• NewmanNewman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This is one of the most important functions to developing a useful website. There isn't an online website builder out there that is focused on design and membership functions. It's either one or the other.

• DCWDCW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really excited based on your hype/marketing only to discover, having submitted my own request for this issue, that this isn't even provided as a basic functionality yet while being promised for several months is extremely disappointing. Great concept but typical fail by hyping a tool that obviously isn't ready for afternoon programming let alone prime time.

Hi Guys,
        I like your software but I need "member-only" pages to move my website to your paid program. RJ Crawford President Military Living Publications

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Webydo doesn't even allow password protected pages? What's more amazing is this 'must have' feature still isn't available after being suggested nearly 9 months ago. I love the mission of Webydo, but isn't a mission w/out accomplishment a disappointing broken promise?

absolutely a must....password protected pages, perhaps on a page by page basis should be very simple to implement and really could be a nice addition to the webydo feature list to help it become more competitive with other web builders. Please add this feature....

thanks in advance

I'm about to try your product. But, you're still gathering feedback on this feature since March?!
        I know you must be busy managing your success but I really hope this does not become another Breezi roadmap (with no gas dtarions)...

My need is a bit simpler than stated - I just need password protected pages so that my clients can download relevant documents.

Any idea of when you'll have sufficient feedback on this to tackle it?

Thanks,
        Hendrik

• Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Sharon (and Webydo Amin for the suggestion).
        Webydo Admin, while that may work for some it does not provide a "secure" area.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base