Join the Discussion:

Media Library

Unless I'm missing it, it would be nice to have our photos that we upload be "stored" and allow us to organise them into folders and such, like a file browser.

134 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Media Library  ·   · 
    AgathaAgatha shared a merged idea: Download of a document?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Insert or upload PDF document to website that visitors can download  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Library  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) responded  · 

Hey guys! Guess what? We just launched ‘The Media Library’!

The new Media Library stores all your images online in one place – so It works like a cloud, meaning that you will be able to access them anytime, anywhere.

The best part of all is all you have to do is upload the image just like you always do and it will be automatically stored in the library.

You may also upload your all images at once to the Media Library, and then you are free to work fully online.

Enjoy this new feature and please try it and send us your feedback so we can continue to polish it off for you.

Keep on Designing on! Rock on Webydo’ers!

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could drag and drop the uploaded files into their folders. If that is available now, I can't seem to do it. Any thoughts??

• AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have just added the ability to upload files directly from the text editor.

In order to link to a file, go to your text editor and click the "link to" button and choose "link to file" - You will be able to upload your file as a link.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nir,

Can you please respond to our questions about whether or not this is a true "Media Library" or merely an "Image Library"? Like Rob pointed out, Webydo'ers need a complete solution for managing all their digital files, including the option for downloadable links.

Thank you.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

related to this, how does one upload files to the site in order they can be linked to for download?

Rather than a media manager just for images, a file tree browser for the whole site, where you can upload any file, even a page that has been designed externally would be useful in making the whole platform more flexible.

Hi Nir,

This is great news. But is there a link for a more complete overview of the media library? And you used the term "images" several times, so should we assume the media library is an "images" library and not for other files such as PDF files?

Thanks again.

Hi Nir,

Your updates are always appreciated, and I believe that you guys are working hard to improve Webydo. And I really hope you're successful. But like many people intrigued with Webydo, I've been frustrated by many promising CMSes. So I can only invest so much time and energy into a CMS that seems to be unable to deliver on its promises. But I have not given up on Webydo, and I'm looking forward to the release of your Media Library feature.

• AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

It seems we keep breaking promises with the media library :(
        I know this is not good, believe me, it is frustrating for us too.

I can assure you that the Media Library is on the top of our "To Do" list. As it seems, it is a matter of weeks until it is released, but I guess this is not the first time we have said that regarding the library.

Scott, I will make sure our team contacts you in order to give you more detailed info regarding the development of this feature.

You should know that we release a new version once or twice a week with new features and improvements in order to make the Webydo experience the best possible..

Thanks again for all your feedback!

It's going on a year since a Media Library was suggested, but it's apparently still a ways off. But Webydo suggests that it has a Media Library by including a description of a Media Library on its Features list page ("In the Media Library you will have complete creative freedom to upload & add images or any other file type to your design projects.")

Come on guys...it's bad enough such an important feature still isn't part of Webydo. Do you really have to make it so much worse by trying to trick people into thinking Webydo already has a Media Library?

• FuddamFuddam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had a look at this thread. Lots of promises and not much delivery...
        I need this functionality yesterday!

Hi guys, sorry for the time it is taking us to release the new Media Library.

We were focusing on the new Mobile Editor feature and system stability for the last weeks.

I really think we will be able to release the Media Library this month.

I will keep you up to date, thanks for your patience.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please give us an update on the media library?

In July Nir said it would be "2-3 weeks!" (his exclamation mark) and we haven't heard anything since August.

The media library is not just a nice-to-have for many of us. It is a must-have if you need to provide catalogues, price lists or manuals.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Scott - we need a more substantive update about the Media Library. It is critical to our clients. If Webydo is not going to add this feature in the next 1-2 months, we will be forced to use alternatives.

RE: "You will be able to upload files and place links to those files from your website."

Nir, thanks for the update. But it seems intentionally vague and non-committal. It also suggests that Webydo is now backing off its promise of adding the much needed functionality of a Media Library, a feature that should have been included from the very beginning.

Please provide a more substantive update so people can plan accordingly.

Thank you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base