Join the Discussion:

Custom 404 Error Pages

It would be great to be able to design our own custom error pages (called 404 pages) when someone navigates to a page on our website that has been removed or doesn't exist - instead of the standard webydo branded 404 "page not found" page it would be nice to have our own.

293 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMichael (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

You can now fully customize your own 404 Error page.

Tip: Design an appealing message on your 404 page so visitors will understand what happened and what they can do next.
You can see ours here.

How to work it?
- For new sites: When you create a new site, a “404 Error page” will be part of your page list so you’ll be able to fully design it just like any other page.

- For existing sites: In your Studio’s “Pages” menu, create a new page and make sure that the URL property is set to www.yoursite.com/404.html

What do you think?

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AFE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential to not lose a current visitor due to a broken page.

• Alex Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey Webydo People, this is a request that's been around for a year.... I'd have thought it would be a must!!!

Cheers LX

• Anna - Webydo Support Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everybody.
    We are working ******* completing the white - labeling options in Webydo.
    For now we have cleared the 404 page of any Webydo branding and it's a non- branded page, not interfering with your custom branding.

Please keep the great ideas coming.
    Anna

• Mauricio Trejo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good point, is NOT professional to have a 404 error page that says other name than the domain you are on, i check this 404 error page on a pro-site in my account and its really need to change to personal error pages for every site created.

• Connor MacLean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha. I tried to look at this page but got a 404 error.
    I like the idea and would love to be able to use this feature

• Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea! It's so funny when someone's 404 page offers a custom graphic. Keeps you interested in the site even if you're not in the right place!

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is imperative. I need to have custom 404 pages so when people are trying to access an old page from an old site they will at least see a new page (404) at the new site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base