Join the Discussion:

Offer domain names

I think it would be great to offer a third plan (in addition to "free" and "standard") that includes a domain name and email account(s) with it. I'd love to be able to have everything to do with my website, hosting, domain, email etc ALL through webydo - and it would make things easiest for clients who don't already own a domain name or email to have everything under "one roof".

355 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    dibsondabigmandibsondabigman shared a merged idea: offer domain names?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please add a domain host service  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna - Webydo Support ManagerAnna - Webydo Support Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
        When this option will be available we will announce it to all users.
        For now there's absolutely no issue with registering a domain with a domain provider and connecting it easily to your site.

Thanks
        Anna

• shaunshaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this option. It would be great to be able to offer it to our clients....cheers

• Brian McLaneBrian McLane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You planned this in August? Come on, where is it? I want to start using Webydo but I won't without the ability to purchase domain names. Pleeeeeeease???

(August 20, 2013
        We are very very close to start the development of this feature.

All the planning is done, and now we are just waiting for the guys to start working on it.

I will keep you updated!)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being neither a designer nor a programmer, I have been struggling with wordpress to create the new version of our website. Webydo seems like like an excellent option to create our web exactly the way I want.

Before committing, I have a few questions, though. Practically speaking, how do I transfer our existing domain name (el-hotelito.es) and our email addresses to Webydo?

Many thanks in advance!

• PuckerFactorPuckerFactor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually I think it is a terrible idea for clients and it does not bode well for the designers either if the client wants to move their site and domain name to another host and format.

I've have experienced many occasions where a client has got a package deal with a domain name from a host company and has lost total ownership of that domain name because the host company controls the registrar account. Not only do you lose registrar control, you are locked into paying that company far more for that domain name over time than directly from a registrar.

I'm surprised that many here are for a all inclusive package simply because it's easier for you. Cowboy Up and learn to navigate the registrar DNS menu (yeah Godaddy sucks!) and let you and your client keep 100% control of the domain name by not keeping all your eggs in one basket.

• BarryBarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is a necessary feature. Whilst the contact form is good, email domains must be included with the package.

• Yvonne SingYvonne Sing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with this idea...it's painful to navigate DNS management pages for some of the hosting sites out there. Anything you can do to be a one-stop shop for domain/hosting/email would be much appreciated.

• PabindraPabindra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel this is the single most important feature. Clients looking to build a website will have a domain, hosting and email everything that is essential for a good professional looking website. A complete package in short. Storage should also be increased. Then there is device targeted layout

Feedback and Knowledge Base