Join the Discussion:

More FIT TO options for shapes

It is currently only possible to fit a shape to the site width - it would be great to be able to fit the shape to the background width (not height, just width!) so that the shape would always extend to the web browser edges. This would allow me to create various colored strips or "sections" that fit across the entire background to the edges of the web browser.

an example can be seen attached with the white shape stretched across the black background to fit to the edges of the browser (or background) edges...

220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: More background options: blocks with different colours  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let a shape have the width of the whole site background  ·   · 
    SEGSEG shared a merged idea: Image - fit to site  ·   · 

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LaurieLaurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried this fit to width and it doesn't work properly. If you resize the browser window or view your site in an iphone/ipod emulator. The shapes get pushed in from the left.

The only way round it, is to add a horizontal repeating graphic on the background page. Great if you only need one and it's in the same position on every page.

• KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition and would allow for some really nice ideas that wouldn't be possible otherwise. Any updates?

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is used on many beautiful websites. That is why as a designer this feature is a must. Any updates on this?

• AdminAdminAdmin (Nir - Product Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Thanks again for the feedback!

I am sorry for setting the status back to "planned" again.
        We did start developing this and then had to pause it.

The reason is that we needed to take the guys developing the "Fit To" features and let them help the guys developing one of the best features we have ever done.

As you probably noticed, we added some new icons (desktop, tablet and mobile icons).

So you probably know what I am talking about.

We really hope it will be worth it.

As soon as we release that great feature, we will get back and start working on the "Fit To" features again.

• ErikaErika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really want to see this happen. This is pretty much the only thing [other than self-hosting] keeping me from switching to Webydo. But why has this gone from "Started" back to "Planned"?

• Alan ZeeAlan Zee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Webydo team - thanks for all the great work!!! You guys rock!!
        Any updates on this one?

• DrayDray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys! Why is this no longer marked as "started"? I'm not moving to Webydo till this is done. Sticking shapes to the browser edges is a must! Any update on if/when development starts approx? :)

• Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Horia, I am waiting excitedly for this feature as well!
        I noticed they moved the development state back to "PLANNED", it was originally marked as "STARTED" on sept 17, but seems to of taken a step back.

• HoriaHoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its been about 3 weeks since development should have ended. Any updates on when this feature will arrive. Once this is implemented I will be moving from WIX.

• Jaiden LeachJaiden Leach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update? This was started 3 months ago... starting to wonder whats going on.

Also why is there a photo of the Site Presets with this feature request? Did you merge the two? Because they are completely different ideas...

• HoriaHoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for bring this feature! It was the only thing that kept me from moving to webydo

Feedback and Knowledge Base