Join the Discussion:

Lock Elements

A way to lock elements into place so you don't accidentally move them trying to move something else

284 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
summer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Started  ·  Sivan responded  · 

Hi everyone,
Development on an improved Layers Window has started. Reordering layers, locking and more will be available once the development is complete.

We will keep you updated, thanks for all the votes!

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone,
    Development on an improved Layers Window has started. Reordering layers, locking and more will be available once the development is complete.

We will keep you updated, thanks for all the votes!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, this needs to happen asap. Not sure why it has taken going on 2 years and counting to happen. Not having this kinda of makes everything suck, makes me dread using the platform.

• Suren Grigorian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion that is desirable for you to possess
    I will also attach a video from your rival company, where the mentioned function is practiced and useful and works properly

this is needed badly...every time I group multiple elements that are in a certain position and copy and paste that group with same x -y positioning, they AWALYS move 1 or 2 pixels...maybe locking elements will help

yes, you promote the site as by designers 4 designers. If you really appreciated designers time, surely you would agree of the importance of this BASIC feature.You say its a great idea but a year and half later and still its not done

Yes please. My layout is "jumping around" and some elements I can not see on my screen in "design mode". — I can only see the element when I "publish" the site and then sometimes the element "in front" is in the back. It takes a lot of time fixing this each time I make a move with something els on the site.

You really need a object position lock function, maybe with a little pad lock symbol to show it's not moving. I'm forever nudging stuff out of alignment while selecting it or something else, then you have to put it back and that isn't always that simple to fix.

Feedback and Knowledge Base