Join the Discussion:

Import option from other CMSes

Many, if not most, people have existing sites. So it would be extremely helpful for them and the growth of Webydo if there was a way to import sites built with other CMSes such as WordPress. For Webydo to prosper (survive?) it needs to be much easier to "switch" to Webydo from other CMSes.

412 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't agree more with this basic request. I see this thread has been around a few years but do not see any current responses from Webydo. I understand that Webydo will charge you to move your other CMSes site to them. But this should be an option for active subscribers without a charge for those who can do it themselves. It is disappointing and even short sighted not to provide this feature to attract more users.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature that needs to be implemented. This could encourage users to migrate to a new website creator. Why should I have to recreate a whole finished, functional website to edit with Webydo? It just doesn't make since. Our company is in the process of moving 100's of websites from a obsolete panel (Plesk) to cPanel, and we would love to continue using Webydo to keep up with the older websites.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because l Love Webydo and want to use it as my only website builder, please vote for the possibility to import existing websites.
        This feature is available for PageCloud users, and I would love to import my previous sites to this platform.

How they present this feature:
        "Import your website
        Have an existing page design? Point PageCloud from within your browser, and hit Import. In seconds, PageCloud will analyze your page design and re-create it inside the PageCloud editor. Make your changes and updates, then hit save. No other web site creator can move you over like this."

Thank you.

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

214 votes already!! How are you still gathering feedback??? Please do this!!!

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing sites would be a definite plus. That way I can consolidate all my currect clients. It would need to accept all the major CMSs

• alana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for the comments. We are still gathering feedback on this idea.

We hope more people in the community will vote for this feature and that we will be able to add it onto our roadmap.

Keep voting for ideas that are important to you.

Alana,
        The Webydo Team

• shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea...lets get this underway...how many more votes do we need for this to be available to us?

• Olivia - Webydo Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all!

We are working on a solution that will enable you to upload a variety of things, including templates from Bootstrap and WordPress!
        We'll update you when things are further along

:)

• susiefen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea has been posted a few different times, in different ways, but each one makes a valid point. We need the ability to import into Webydo. It will save a lot of time and frustration on the designer side.

• susiefen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredibly helpful. Not just for Twitter, but for WordPress or generic parallax templates, as well.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base