Join the Discussion:

Lightbox / modal window containing different content

I think that a great feature to add to webydo would be to enable customization of the content and the appearance of the lightbox.

Meaning, by clicking an image that is set to popup the lightbox we will be able to control what is in the lightbox (embedded video or contact form) and have the freedom to customize the color of the borders and background of the lightbox etc.'

I've seen this option in many websites and think it could add great value when creating websites.

Thanks,

David Citron

328 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David CitronDavid Citron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AlanaAdminAlana (Support & Training Manager, Webydo) responded  · 

We have just released the Lightbox Element. It allows you to create a button that will display any web page in a popup window, dimming out the background of the page on which it is located.

Where to find it:
    In the Studio’s Elements Panel, open the “Gallery” category, and just drag & drop the “Lightbox” Element onto your canvas.

Hope you like it!

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlanaAdminAlana (Support & Training Manager, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have just released a the Video Lightbox Element.

A new element has been added to the Galleries Section of the Elements Panel. The Video Lightbox element creates a button that will display a video from Youtube or Vimeo in a pop-up window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really - is this your solution. Come on - third party plugin - terrible solution - you can do much better than this.
        Please make a real native solution for webydo - else do nothing. Solution provided is useless.

• James YorkJames York commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe after two years Webydo have created nothing! WordPress have loads of lightbox options and it's now a common feature on most websites. Come on Webydo. Unlike WordPress where clients can make their own plugins your clients are reliant on you being a head of the game. Two years is a joke to wait for a common feature like this.

It looks like webydo's "support" team has been looking into this for two years now?? Come on....

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I just sent this function to support.
        This function is very basic: click on any object like text, photo, button, etc... it will floating new window, overlay with colour we can choose (black, blue, etc... but can control transparent for can see the main website below). On this floating window, we can put any object on it like text, form, content, etc...... We will have button to close or click outside this floating window, it will auto close and show the main website.... So,please consider it, because it is very convenient and look like pro-website.

• James BarnardJames Barnard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please create this! this is something that is currently holding me back from on boarding more clients. A light box that can show a video or present and optin or login screen or any other HTML that is put into it. Currently the HTML widget shows up in an iFrame not allowing the Lightbox behavior. I agree with the original post. If you simply added more options to the existing Lightbox feature for images that seems like it would do the trick.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this and it is much neater than a pop-up, which is such a clunky solution. And it should have the ability to show multiple images and add titles.

Some example here http://fancybox.net/

You'd think WEBYDO would know what is obvious functionality for web interaction... a lightbox/modal window with an assigned image that is different than what you clicked on is basic functionality! The fact that something like this has to be voted on or agreed upon to make it into production is beyond disbelief!

• alanaalana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

We have added the ability to link to a pop-up window. Meaning you can set text to link to a new window and set your specific pop-up specifications.

Highlight the text, then select pop-up under the target drop-down.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Alana,
        The Webydo Team

The ability to link to another website within a lightbox image, would be key too. Having a CTA button is important for many gallery styled portfolio websites/etc.

• FrancoisFrancois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found out on your site an example of what I'm talking about.

follow this link and click on the images uploaded as attachment with the first post

http://participate.webydo.com/forums/191312-participate-vote/suggestions/3964289-more-fit-to-options-for-shapes

You'll see the kind of lightbox missing from the studio elements at our disposal

Missing only the title & description for each images

• FrancoisFrancois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also one VERY BASIC feature is missing with the lightbox.For pages that have a grid of pictures, when click on an image the lightbox should pop-up and have the slideshow/slider features :

bigger then the original image that's been clicked one, image title & description, closing button and navigation left/right arrows.

See many examples here :
        http://www.onextrapixel.com/2012/03/29/15-stunning-jquery-lightbox-plug-ins-for-your-upcoming-designs/

Hope you implement this soon. Almost every websites that are showing many pictures on a single page have this kind of lightbox.

Thank you & keep up the good work!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base