Join the Discussion:

Lightbox / modal window containing different content

I think that a great feature to add to webydo would be to enable customization of the content and the appearance of the lightbox.

Meaning, by clicking an image that is set to popup the lightbox we will be able to control what is in the lightbox (embedded video or contact form) and have the freedom to customize the color of the borders and background of the lightbox etc.'

I've seen this option in many websites and think it could add great value when creating websites.

Thanks,

David Citron

328 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Citron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMichael (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

We have just released the Lightbox Element. It allows you to create a button that will display any web page in a popup window, dimming out the background of the page on which it is located.

Where to find it:
In the Studio’s Elements Panel, open the “Gallery” category, and just drag & drop the “Lightbox” Element onto your canvas.

Hope you like it!

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, please ADD the feature "PREVIOUS" and "NEXT" to the lightbox... i can´t seem to have a LINK>POP-UP in the galleries though!!!
    This is really important to my website, and i would like to stick financially with Webydo

• susiefen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can already do some lightbox customization (background color, text, addition of tables, etc.). The other features would be useful, but I agree with "anonymous". We are looking for modal windows, because they require a user interaction (even if it is just a click on "no thanks") before they can move on. This is what other websites have, and the ability to build them would be AWESOME!!!

• susiefen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a great idea if we could do this for menus, as well. For instance, a pinned box that stays on the page as you scroll it, but when you click on it, a site menu appears with all of the customizable ability already in the menu functionality (font or color changes on hover, etc.)

Forms integrated in a pop-up window instead of main page so you only see the form only when you hit the Form button.

• Dwayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use another company and it's been a yr since i ask them for this pop up feature. NOTHING YET. if webydo make this happen i jump out and join the gang ASASP.

• Erika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, a next and previous button would be excellent. In addition, I've had issues with images not sizing correctly.

I believe what folks are asking for are "modal" windows-- such as a form to gather contact info from visitors. I would like to see the ability to have such a modal window pop up automatically after a certain period of seconds we can specify for each unique visitor. Many sites use this feature to solicit an opt-in to an email list, etc.

A proper lightbox should have the ability to scroll from image to image. Meaning it should hold more than one image. Your implementation would require closing each image and clicking on the next to "pop" it up. (Unless I'm missing something.)

• Stephanie Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is essential. Right now the lightbox is not really functional since it does not allow for any additional or alternative information to show up.

Like for example adding the gallery element to the lightbox pop up. Really need this feature like I need coffee in the morning!!!

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base