Join the Discussion:

High Definition Graphics & Retina Images

Integrate ability to display high-definition graphics on current and future high definition displays. For example, Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Seems to me like this will be a standard in the very near future. The idea that designers and clients with these displays see blurry images or logos bothersome. Perhaps the backend detects the display and replaces logo or other graphics with their high definition display.

Possible incorporation of SVG files to automatically adjust size as needed per display?

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

I'm new to Webydo, but I must say that I find it great to use. What would be great is SVG support (vector shapes) so the quality of logos and vector shapes stay crisp. It's supported on most browsers it would be geat to be implemented.

Cheers
        J

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support for .SVG vector graphics for pages so there can be scalable, quality graphics for browsers that expand wide on large screens.

Although some of my .PNG graphics look very nice stretched the 100% width of a page, at a point on my large monitor, the image will inevitably distort and not look as intended.

Thanks!

• Marin Knezevic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A .svg is a must for any serious company logo in the header or as an object around the page where needed.

• kai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to use .svg's - much nicer on retina displays then .png's !! Why is this a 'security risk'?

Cheers

Kai

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Website without High definition logos just leaves bad taste in the last. Its quite irksome to have those blurry logos on otherwise great websites. Having ability to add SVG is super essential for a truly high quality designer website.

• Jeremiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to upload .svg files would be great! All of my devices are with retina display so I would love that too.

• Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, ability to create retina-friendly websites is becoming an essential at the moment, partnered with the ability to use vector graphics to achieve this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base