Join the Discussion:

Self Hosted Sites

I would like to be able to self host the sites I create with Webydo... is that possible? I don't mind paying for a premium account, but I would like the security of knowing that I have all the files (and control of them) should your company ever close or if I decide to use different tools to create future websites after creating some with Webydo. From the videos and tutorials, I don't forsee that happening (it's seems like an awesome tool) but you never know and I want control of what I create.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

We are happy to announce that you may now export a site created with Webydo.
    By doing so, you will download a file containing all the site’s pages and media.

How To Do It:
    In the Dashboard, click the “Settings” icon next to the desired site, and click “Download Website As A Zip Backup File.”

Have fun!

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The links are broken when exported and its not working. How do I fix this??? Please help

• alana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Peter,

Yes. You will lose CMS features if you choose to host your site yourself and not with Webydo.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do root the domain if I use my own hosting? Since there is no Index file in the downloaded zip the domain always displays error 403.

I also would like to know if it will be possible to download the site's files and self hosted. I would also pay for a premium.

I agree and would have no problem paying the premium, but do want to host my own site with my current hosting company. I have other sites I manage already at the other hosting company.
        When do you expect we can do this, if ot already?
        Thanks! Love the site, btw.

• Self commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, we would vote for it too. Thought this should have been possible given this is a beautiful platform

• Erika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Nonny means that they want to be able to host their Webydo sites on the server of their choice. I agree, I already have a large server with all of my sites, and I'd like to keep all of my stuff there, if possible.

• Alan Zee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey - I think you basically mean that we should have an option to backup all files to our own servers or personal computer and not just on Webydo's cloud in preparation for a "rainy day". Right?

I like the idea and I vote YES :)

Long live the Webydo cloud!

Feedback and Knowledge Base