Join the Discussion:

A SEARCH Box

A search box to enable visitor to be able to search the site for pages and keywords.

409 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Connor MacLeanConnor MacLean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    CaseyCasey shared a merged idea: Internal search bar & tag blog posts  ·   · 

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • shaunshaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

A search box option for customers is important for any website. Lets all get behind this one and get Webydo to give it to us. Yes you can do a custom search box via google, but thats $100 a year, just one more expense you have to add to the clients bill. Cheers

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have thought this was a fundamental need of any CMS and would advise this is done ASAP to stop clients like me looking elsewhere.

• Celeste Clevenger (Celeste's Best)Celeste Clevenger (Celeste's Best) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to agree with last poster. Was seriously considering moving my site here until I happened to come upon this topic while searching to see if you were able to have comments following blog posts. Will have to wait until a search box is implemented.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you able to email an alert out once a search function is added? Webydo is unfortunately useless to me without a search function. Would it be possible to be able to add tags/categories or labels to each article to assist with searchability too?

We need to be able to add categories and tags to articles that are searchable. I actually can't believe webydo doesn't at the very least have a search box.

• Chrissi C.Chrissi C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I agree that search boxes/fields are prevalent on most Websites today, I have only found them useful on .edu or Google site searches. (Yea, I know: "Duh!" on the Google search.)
        In all other cases the search fields either "can't find what I am looking for" (even if I am searching only one word, that should definitely be in the blog/article/piece, and then implement meta data search rules/quotes/commas/etc.) or the results have no reliable, useful filtering options.
        In most cases I find the search box/field to be the most annoying code/feature on a site. That said, I don't mean to downplay anyone else's feelings on the subject, just wanted to share mine.
        Thanks!

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a pretty standard feature on sites. Actually shocked it's not one of the first things Webydo had put out there :)
        100% needed.

I would like to know if i can create a drop down menu, search box in Webdyo or do I have to build this somewhere else and embed it in the website?

• Andrew BartonAndrew Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely vital--I notice that your own site (this one) doesn't have a search function.

Therefore, how I am supposed to find the info on Webydo "Articles" that I am looking for (as referenced on Google!)

• Matt CameronMatt Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful for designing blogs with webydo since it would allow the content manager to tag their posts and easily enable to reader to find other posts of that same category.

• CaseyCasey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm definitely interested in this since I plan to use my webydo site as a blog.

I would really like to offer site visitors the ability to search for items or for dates so a search function that offers this function would be a must. Thank you

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base