Join the Discussion:

A SEARCH Box

A search box to enable visitor to be able to search the site for pages and keywords.

523 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Connor MacLeanConnor MacLean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    CaseyCasey shared a merged idea: Internal search bar & tag blog posts  ·   · 

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StevenSteven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this feature arriving sometime soon.
        A great addition to an evolving product.
        Keep up the good work!

• Sean MartinSean Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A search feature will add great value to our webydo sites. Thanks for getting this feature in the pipeline. Looking forward to its rollout.
        -Sean

• shaunshaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

A search box option for customers is important for any website. Lets all get behind this one and get Webydo to give it to us. Yes you can do a custom search box via google, but thats $100 a year, just one more expense you have to add to the clients bill. Cheers

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have thought this was a fundamental need of any CMS and would advise this is done ASAP to stop clients like me looking elsewhere.

• Celeste Clevenger (Celeste's Best)Celeste Clevenger (Celeste's Best) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to agree with last poster. Was seriously considering moving my site here until I happened to come upon this topic while searching to see if you were able to have comments following blog posts. Will have to wait until a search box is implemented.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you able to email an alert out once a search function is added? Webydo is unfortunately useless to me without a search function. Would it be possible to be able to add tags/categories or labels to each article to assist with searchability too?

We need to be able to add categories and tags to articles that are searchable. I actually can't believe webydo doesn't at the very least have a search box.

• Chrissi C.Chrissi C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I agree that search boxes/fields are prevalent on most Websites today, I have only found them useful on .edu or Google site searches. (Yea, I know: "Duh!" on the Google search.)
        In all other cases the search fields either "can't find what I am looking for" (even if I am searching only one word, that should definitely be in the blog/article/piece, and then implement meta data search rules/quotes/commas/etc.) or the results have no reliable, useful filtering options.
        In most cases I find the search box/field to be the most annoying code/feature on a site. That said, I don't mean to downplay anyone else's feelings on the subject, just wanted to share mine.
        Thanks!

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a pretty standard feature on sites. Actually shocked it's not one of the first things Webydo had put out there :)
        100% needed.

I would like to know if i can create a drop down menu, search box in Webdyo or do I have to build this somewhere else and embed it in the website?

• Andrew BartonAndrew Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely vital--I notice that your own site (this one) doesn't have a search function.

Therefore, how I am supposed to find the info on Webydo "Articles" that I am looking for (as referenced on Google!)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base