Join the Discussion:

Layers functions

Some more layer functions would be nice, like the ability to name layers [which shape am I looking for again?] and the ability to drag and drop them into the arrangement order you want [instead of just "send to front" and "send to back"].

379 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Erika shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a pretty new customer, but it seems like this is complete, now? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I seem to be able to order my layers, rename them, lock them, etc, and it works great.

• AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for not providing any updates on this one.
        The Layers Window upgrade is in the top of the list, and as soon as we release the feature request that have higher votes, we will get to this one.
        I hope we will be able to provide some type of time prediction soon, but not at the moment.

I'll keep you updated.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to arrange layers in layers panel - many times when you say bring to front or back it doesn't do it! Need to be able to edit layer from the layers panel simply like Adobe products.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right click object, Arrange, Bring to Front...result: not in front. This happens a lot. Frustrating. While dashing new features are great, they're no substitute for the getting basics right.

poder mover las capas para arreglar los objetos, poder poner algunos objetos encima de otros, no sé si ya está pero no me funciona o no se como se haga

• AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wanted to let you now that the Layers Window upgrade, has been delayed a bit, because were are currently focusing most efforts on the upcoming Blog release. Hopefully, we will get back to it right afterwards.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the patience.

PLEASE!!! Layers is the one thing that SLOWS me down and kills the creative process. Need this feature ASAP!!

• L Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most important features lacking ATM.
        Being able to right-click to choose layer and "move forward" or "move backwards", and not just "move to back" and "move to front".
        Fumbling around with layers is probably THE one area where I waste most time.

• AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone,
        Development on an improved Layers Window has started. Reordering layers, locking and more will be available once the development is complete.

We will keep you updated, thanks for all the votes!

• Anton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this may be planned, but would like to rearrange layers for the purpose of what gets loaded first, so would obviously like the things at the top loaded before the fold line. and would like everything in order. Everything is all over the place when i look at the page source but I understand this as it's the order you create elements.

OMG yes please! That would be great!!! Currently spending so much time trying to get the layers into position. Layer naming and reordering in the 'layer panel' just like on Photoshop would be fantastic.

Make the Layers Panel more interactive, drag and label, lock like Photoshop etc.

• Ben Montclair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey there, I run into a lot of trouble with layers. It would be nice if you tightened up the functionality of this fundamental capability. For example, if a shape is parallaxed, it won't go to the back. Same for anything that's been pinned in place. An image added into the form container's Thank You section won't go to the back. Makes for a great deal of frustration.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea, it would speed up the process of looking for elements on a page page if we could just name them ourselves

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is going on with this as to me it is extremely important and as this is a tool for designers I am sure everyone will agree, whats going on with this?

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Webydo is a great tool, but 2 things I miss very much. 1. The layer would have editable names, otherwise you get confused when using many layers. 2. Mouse-over effect for shapes and normal texts missing, for example, simply change the color of a normal shape on mouse over.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base