Join the Discussion:

The possibility to edit the code!

I know the idea of webydo is to not have anything to do with code but I´m sure alot designers here have previous experience with using code and , like me, would like to have the possibility to edit the code.

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

We’re happy to announce that you now have the ability to add your own code to any section of your Webydo sites.

You may add and edit code in the site’s and sections in order to have full control of your site, and to be able to easily embed widgets that need code to be added to different sections of a page.

You may also add code to your site’s CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) document, if you wish to do so.

In order to add/edit code, in the studio, click on the “Pages” link on the top menu. Next to each of your site’s pages, you will find the “Add Code” option.

Hope you like it :)

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cannot edit it, you can just ADD it,
        there is another way of doing it?

• Jim Canto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have looked everywhere and I do not see the "edit code" function. Please direct me to it.

• Michael S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nir, I would like to mention that with facebook allowing you to create custom audience campaigns, it is essential to monitor the conversion rate to measure the effectiveness of the campaign. fb generates a conversion code in java which has to be placed between the <head> and </head> of the page.

So we really must have this ability to effective facebook marketers and that to me is power of social networking and why we even why our client want web sites.

I understand opening up the server to injection code is tricky, but with legitimate codes like fb, google it should be a snap since their methodology is well known and you can detect bad code easily.

Hope this is a reality very soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base