Join the Discussion:

Ability to attach documents to forms

It would be useful if users could attach documents (e.g. Word, pdf, photos) to forms, for example if they are complaining about a product they might want to upload a picture or a filled out troubleshooting form. Ooh! Much like the "Attach a File" link I see at the bottom of this very text entry field!

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robin Craig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nilam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found out, if you attach the document as a zip file, it will automatically download to the downloads folder!

• Yaronimus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be very lucrative for graphic businesses, as it cuts the distance of manually doing it yourself.

• larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a form that includes an upload button. That way customers can send us there artwork as pdf., jpeg, ai files or anything directly from our site. A form attached to the upload button would be nice so that they are required to put there information and details of size etc in a message. Lets make it happen guys!

• Deanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to see this feature, can anyone suggest a free third party form that allows attachments?

• Alex Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is most important as many sites want a career section so that they can upload CV's ... seems a no brainer option... even weebly and six have these nailed!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much agree - I really need to let my users submit photos to my website with their forms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely, I'm building a site for a motorsport laptiming system that has a large selection of user guides and manuals that I just can't attach :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base