Join the Discussion:

Merge sites and copy/paste items between sites

Would be great to have the ability to merge sites and to copy/paste items between sites.

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Barnard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really looking forward to this update. This will be a next level game changer saving massive amounts of time. I can see a possible interim feature, maybe easier to develop would be a "Custom Elements" sidebar. So you would have the ability to save your favorite group of design elements or perhaps within a 'section" and add them to your own personal library to be used in other sites when desired

• AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No updates yet on this one...
        Sorry about that.

It is positioned very high on our list. We even already have the plans and design of the interface ready, but unfortunately, we don't have a time-frame I can share with confidence.

I'll inform you when we have an update.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FWD: I find myself not wanting to put in the effort to create a fresh idea when it comes to functionality or design, because I know that if I take the time to build it, I will have to rebuild it when I start a new website. Or let's take the scenario of liking a particular element on a template that we want to use in our own designs for example, we simply can't.

If webydo can not add this functionality, then we need a solution sooner than later imo. Beyond the obvious reasons of why this should've been built in the launch of the platform, it hinders our work flow and evolvement as webydo designers.

Is there any development on the horizon, and if so what is the ETA?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! I like to use a certain style of contact form for our company sites and I find myself re-inventing the wheel every time I start a new site! It would be a huge time saver.

Maybe we could have the ability to move certain elements into a library?

• L Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely a MONSTER timesaver.
        As I suggested to a customer supporter; being able to load the different templates; or even better: having a larger library with different elements and layouts to choose from would be a HUGE timesaver.
        It´s a missed opportunity that we can´t use all the elements we want from your templates - plus it´s imperative that you can copy-paste elements from one of your own sites to another.
        :)

I'd like to see a solution to copy / paste a list of pages (tree) from one of my site to an other.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of being able to copy and paste between sites. There can sometimes be a lot of common Images/ icons used in a specific business category.

I think in multiple dimensions and if I am doing creative Dev on more than 1 site, my best work is the resulting composite.

• Francois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would save us a lot of time. we would be able to reuse design elements instead of starting from scratch

• Alan Zee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea!!! And extremely needed!! It can really help develop a system and a visual language and will save my agency a lot of time.

I hope the whole community will join forces on this one... :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base