Join the Discussion:

CMS users are too limited in their ability to edit their website

The Webydo CONTENT section, where the CMS user is allowed to edit the content of their website, will not allow them to add photos or text boxes.

This means my clients cannot add simple things like photos or text blocks on their own. For example if they are selling parts and want to display a list of 10 parts. They need me to add each item and provide them with the photo location, text box location, etc. The article tool is no where sophisticated enough to incorporate text fields and imagery where needed.

I have gone through at least a half dozen CMS systems, and granted I did not check this functionality in Webydo's platform since this is something that is available on virtually all other CMS platforms.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

The CMS user is able to add unlimited images within text content sections provided by the designer.

They are also able to update all other images on the site, including galleries.

We will gather feedback on the idea in order to better understand the needs.

Thanks!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna - Webydo Support Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Shaun.
        Good news!

If you have a CMS user you can easily open DMS editing capabilities for them.
        Simply go to the CMS tab in the dashboard and on the bottom of the popup window- select capabilities: full design abilities.

Thanks
        Anna

• shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great...anything that allows more flexability for the client can only be good for us designers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope this issue gets sorted soon, the functionality needs to be 1st class for the client:)

Feedback and Knowledge Base