Join the Discussion:

More CSS control - View id/class names of ellements for custom CSS

Hi there,

The main problem i am having is not having the abillity to control my custom CSS because i dont know all the class/id names of all the ellements in my website. I know i can review the exported version of the website - but it would be alot easier if i can see the all the ellement names when selecting them (and even rename them) to control them (thus working around unincluded features for the time being).

This way it would be much easier to use google webfonts for example - so i can control which headers or ellements use my custom font. Also it would be nice to be able to use some new css/html features seamlessly adding a video to the background for example.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roberto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

Hi Roberto, thanks for reaching out!

We have just recently added the ability to add custom HTML and CSS to sites, and comments like this will help us improve it as we constantly work to base the updates on user feedback.

Adding more CSS control, by displaying the names seems like a great idea.

We will take this under consideration for our next updates.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gudrun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, yes this would be really helpful. Headings already show their names as classes. This is helpful. But if you have two similar heading or buttons, one with another font or color for example you would like to add another class to the same heading. e.g. "otherfont", it could be better handled via CSS. The tool webflow enables that really cool. You can add several classes to any element you like.

Feedback and Knowledge Base