Join the Discussion:

Align any object to center & Multiple select Guides

Would be great if we could align any object to the center of the page. I see alignment right now only works for multiple selected items. It would be nice to have a button to press that would automatically center them to either the page or another object. I think most designers would want alignment to work just like adobe illustrator. The same goes for being able to select two guides at once.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

Thanks for the ideas, I will add them to the roadmap.

By the way, aligning an element to the horizontal center of the site is possible. A green guide will appear when you drag an element through the middle of your page.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • alana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Merone,

We have now added in a new feature, it's called the Automatic Layout Tool. You can use this to center elements in your studio.

What you need to do:

1. Open the Automatic Layout Tool (located in the top center of your studio, just left of the mobile breakpoints)
    2. Select the element you want to center
    3. Make sure columns is set to 1, then click Reorder Layout

That's it :)

• MERONE MILTZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not see a green line either maybe when you right click you can throw in an align left, right or center.

• AdminSivan (Product Team, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys, you can now align to center using our new feature: Automated Layout.
    The feature allows you to design your site quickly, especially useful for making your site responsive.
    It can also be used to align to center.
    - Open the Automated Layout Panel by clicking it's icon in the center of the top menu.
    - Choose the elements you wish to center.
    - Check "Sort Selected Elements Only".
    - Set the layout to one column.
    - Click "render layout".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This again seems like a basic fundamental feature that should be available now..

Feedback and Knowledge Base