Join the Discussion:

Ability to remove old Styles from Style Palette

When you design and build a site, the design goes through several phases, would love the ability to remove old paragraph styles etc from the Styles palette to make it easier and cleaner to locate things, especially if clients are to carry on with updating the site themselves.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) responded  · 

You are absolutely right, removing styles is a must!

This is planned, and I hope will be done as soon as possible.

We will update you when ready, thanks!

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I would be happy to give you an update on this feature.

It's currently on the roadmap for a future update, but as it's not an urgent issue it's been pushed back a bit.

We will keep you updated!

Alana

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this isn't going to happen anytime soon, correct? I mean it's been "
        planned" since 2015? Please advise.

• AdminAlana (Head of Support, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jeremy,
        In my opinion, it doesn't really matter why we haven't developed a feature yet, or what are the risks.
        The only thing that matters is the users' needs.
        If one user needs a feature, we will develop it.
        If enough users need it, it will be developed before other features.

Our roadmap is updated on a weekly basis, and as of today, we have other features planned to be developed before, based on multiple parameters that form the user needs list.

The ability to remove styles is planned, and I hope we will be able to provide a time estimation soon.

• Jeremy D. Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Diving right in...

Hi Nir, Team, please correct me if I'm wrong but it's been explained to me that the primary reason why the ability to remove Paragraph Styes has not yet been implemented is that because it's a destructive action--and that deleting a style that is connected to one or more pieces of text would not be great for the site. If this understanding is inaccurate please let me know.

If the above understanding is accurate, as UX Designer with 10+ years experience, and as I've heard others want this feature as well, I implore you to consider this for the next release. Granted -any- destructive action can be scary, but given the choice of empowering users by provided a destructive action (with proper confirmation and ideally the ability to undo) in more cases than not is a better UX choice than not giving them the option at all. Thanks for the consideration!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how far along are you with the update options of the paragrapg style? Deleting, organizing etc ... having old styles always around is really annoying ...

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you develope this feature please add at the same time a drag & drop function to move styles around.
        When I added new styles I'd love to move it up or down to similar styles to have them together.

• Hian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to removing old styles, is there the possibility to order styles alphabetically or better to order styles by moving them like in Pages.

Feedback and Knowledge Base