Join the Discussion:

Tablet landscape additional breakpoint

It's really bugging me that I have to design my desktop site around how it views landscape on an iPad. When using text elements there is no control over how they reflow in desktop/ iPad landscape mode. This means I have to position things in places that look wrong and misaligned on a PC desktop view, but right on landscape iPad view. So what about creating an iPad landscape responsive option too?

245 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Ella responded  · 

Hi There,

Enhancing the responsive feature by adding breakpoints and enabling their adjustment is a great idea.

Promoting it depends on our community votes and comment. So let’s see how our users will respond to this idea.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a new customer and this could potentially be a deal breaker for me. It is kind of crazy to think that when the original breakpoints were integrated that landscape wasn't included. Ultimately, it would be really great to just have full control over the breakpoints, with the current choices being preset suggestions that we can use. Any updates on where this is in terms of being improved?

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems silly that there's no landscape layout for tablets. If I'm designing with background photos that don't scroll with the page on desktop view, I just have to accept that the landscape format will be broken on everyone's tablets.

• Jeremy D. Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either:

1) Add Tablet Landscape, or;
        2) Tweak the Desktop present to Tablet Landscape and add a 'Large Monitor' preset. 27" and 4K monitors are becoming more and more common--it would be great to be able to customize for their width as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please more adjustable breakpoints, or another solution to have more flexibility here!

Please make the ability for us to make responsive websites

responsive website design starts with the primary task of incorporating CSS3, media queries, the @media rule, and fluid grids that use percentages to create a flexible foundation. These key points, as well as the use of EMs, flexible images, flexible videos, and fluid type, allow the responsive website to adapt its layout to the viewing device, user agent, and environment.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition. If you're designing for a tablet in landscape orientation and just set your site's width to that size, it doesn't look too great on a desktop browser.

Please consider adding this :)

100% site Width option - The Ability to have a desktop view of the site take up 100% of the USERS monitor instead of having a static (Pixel width) site that leaves most users in this day and age with massive blank areas on each side of the BODY - This is available on other platforms such as wordpress and WIX, and portfoliobox - It is an essential feature that we need integrating as the industry moves forward.

• Nike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I'm having the exact same frustration. I can't, for instance, replace images that have animated captions on desktop (which don't show up on tablets) with images and static labels on landscape tablet. And having to mess around with images to ensure they look fine on both desktop and landscape tablet is a real time suck.

We need a separate landscape tablet view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base